Oman LNG Careers & Jobs 2020. Oman Liquefied Natural Gas LLC (Oman LNG) is a joint venture company established by a Royal Decree in 1994 and operates underPlant.png the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. The Company engages in the business of producing and selling Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and its by-product, Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs). Oman LNG undertakes, directly or indirectly, project operations and related activities essential to liquefy, store, transport and market Oman’s natural gas and to deliver LNG to customers. The Company operates 3 liquefaction trains – at its site in Qalhat near Sur with a nameplate capacity of 10.4 million tonnes per annum (mtpa)
• Company/Organization: Oman Liquefied Natural Gas LLC (Oman LNG)
• Job Location: Oman
• Nationality: Selective
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Officer, Marine Pilot
Assist the Marine Services Manager in safely and efficiently managing the Qalhat Port operations; conduct pilotage and loading master duties on board Liquefied Natural Gas & Condensate tankers calling at Qalhat Port; train and coach Omani Trainee Pilots/ Marine Supervisors.
- Primarily responsible to conduct pilotage and loading master duties on board Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) & Condensate (NGL) tankers calling at Qalhat Port
- Provide assurance to the business that the risks associated with the Ship/Shore interface are managed to ALARP (as low as reasonably practical) in line with OLNG Marine Terminal Guidelines, international, local law and Industry best practice
- Deputise for Lead Marine Officer in his absence
- Provide assistance and understudy Marine Services Manager or Lead Marine Officer in the supervision of marine service contracts, including towage and pilot services, diving, cargo surveying, weather forecasting & Tier 2 Oil spill response
- Process cargo export documentation in line with Oman Customs and Sales & Purchase Agreements’ (SPA) Terms and Conditions for each loading
- Monitor the Annual Delivery Program (ADP) and the Specific Delivery Schedule (SDS) of local shipping of LNG and NGL; provide timely activity schedules to vessels and relevant stakeholders
- Maintain ship’s port performance database as input to the Commercial Shipping department
- Participate in marine incident investigations when nominated by the Marine Services Manager
- Participate in a marine duty out of hours roster to provide advice and support as required
- Provide guidance and participate in marine emergencies and Oil Spill Response exercises in line with QOP HSSE Plan.
- Perform Ship Shore compatibility – including berth fit and Optimoor analysis – for each newly nominated tanker scheduled to call at Qalhat Terminal.
- Submit clearance request to the GMAS team in a timely manner in line with the ADP and SDS.
- Perform routine LNG & MOF jetty inspections, and tug inspections as directed by Marine Services Manager or Lead Marine Officer.
- STCW Deck Class 2 Certificate (Foreign-Going) with Oil and/or Gas Carrier Endorsements and Qalhat Port Pilot certification.
- Pilotage experience in an Oil & Gas Terminal.
- Previous experience of marine contractor HSSE management activities
- Predominantly office based at Sur.
- 8/8work pattern.
Lead Utilities Technologist
Provide expert utilities technology services to maintain integrity of the design of the processing units and to ensure process safety and asset integrity requirements. Identify and develop opportunities to optimise utilities units. Provide expertise and technical know-how to internal stakeholders. Recognize, develop and champion scope for structural improvement in efficiency, reliability and safety to satisfy the required technical and economic standards. Execute detailed definition and design work for plant changes/improvements using OLNG’s Management of Change process. Acts as Utility Technology Manager with full authorities whenever required in his absence.
1. Identify and implement opportunities to maximize efficient use of production units while ensuring on-spec products.
2. Lead execution of detailed definition and design work for required plant changes/ improvements through the MOC process.
3. Apply barrier thinking to risk based assessments to ensure plant safety and integrity (incident investigations, Management of Change, Omnisafe closure)
4. Lead and/or participate in process technological HSE services in the form of Process Safety Assessment (PSA), HAZOPs, Bow-ties and LOPA analysis. Responsibilities include the logging, tracking, and closeout of any actions generated from the aforementioned reviews.
5. Propose, lead and execute development studies and projects related to plant performance, process safety and plant integrity improvements.
6. Develop monitoring tools and procedures, and perform test runs in order to determine operating boundaries to assist in achieving higher reliability and availability of equipment using process engineering expertise and technical know-how
7. Advice on technological services to meet Oman LNG business principles and objectives, including safeguarding performance, monitoring, testing and process optimizations by leveraging technical expertise in the field.
8. Ensure Utilities Department’s performance meets departmental and corporate objectives by performing test runs to determine operating boundaries.
9. Promote technical integrity of process design to required technical standards (e. g. legal requirements DEPs and SIOP standards) and apply design strategy aiming for minimum life cycle cost in the defined scope area.
10. Build and nurture a close working relationship with Technical Advisor through networking and execution of studies and projects.
11. Develop tools & keep abreast of new technologies and drive case for change that will improve complex reliability, efficiency, production and environmental performance.
12. Lead technical support to Operations and Engineering as required, e. g. In troubleshooting and problem analysis.
13. Build and optimize effective liaison with process technology, environmental technology, information technology, operations and engineering departments.
14. Ensure state-of-the-art methods and tools are available for the Utilities Technology section by regular contact with external consultants and vendors.
15. Act as lead focal point, liaison with external vendors and Shell Global Solutions to execute projects on the site with responsibilities ranging from Terms of Reference preparation to cost/schedule control.
16. Monthly reporting of plant reliability, utility, availability, thermal efficiency and production to the shareholders in conjunction with reliability team.
17. Act as shutdown coordinator from technology department.
18. Provide advanced Utilities Technology familiarization and training for other OLNG staff and mentor Utilities Technologist while also working towards self-development.
19. Coach and develop utility technology staff to ensure the minimum competency levels are met or exceeded.
1. University Graduate, in Chemical, Process engineering or Physics.
2. Minimum 8 years of hydrocarbon industry experience, including design/operations support.
3. Minimum 5 years of experience in utilities engineering field required.