Oman LNG Careers & Jobs 2019. Oman Liquefied Natural Gas LLC (Oman LNG) is a joint venture company established by a Royal Decree in 1994 and operates underPlant.png the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. The Company engages in the business of producing and selling Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and its by-product, Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs). Oman LNG undertakes, directly or indirectly, project operations and related activities essential to liquefy, store, transport and market Oman’s natural gas and to deliver LNG to customers. The Company operates 3 liquefaction trains – at its site in Qalhat near Sur with a nameplate capacity of 10.4 million tonnes per annum (mtpa)
• Company/Organization: Oman Liquefied Natural Gas LLC (Oman LNG)
• Job Location: Oman
• Nationality: Selective
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Plan and lead the execution of project engineering activities for identified projects, in order to ensure plant upkeep and availability, and provide a safe working environment in the plant at all times. Follow and adhere to company standards and approved systems to execute projects at the plant site. Participate in the conceptual development of project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
This is a contractual job for 2 years.
1. Plan, organize and develop project implementation plan, project schedule, cost estimate and other relevant reports and establish a proper management tools to control schedule, quality and cost for all assigned projects.
2. Track project progress and exploit critical path of the project to meet the project timelines.
3. Ensure availability of sufficient and suitable resources, materials and equipment to complete all project work within approved project budgets, timelines and quality.
4. Implement quality control programs with ISO certified quality assurance system to meet end user requirements, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards.
5. Ensure work is carried out in accordance with HSE policy and procedures.
6. Initiate, prepare and negotiate relevant contractual agreements or requests and provide contract strategy, scope and proposal for all assigned projects.
7. Initiate and develop specific work instructions and inspection & testing schedules to ensure section compliance. Contributes to the office engineering section quality assurance system.
8. Prepare and submit progress reports, cost tracking reports and issue monthly financial a physical reports per project.
9. Introduce systems and tools to the complex that will continuously and where possible in a step change improve the availability of the complex.
10. Undertake regular follow up on the status of all projects assigned and advice the mitigation plan.
1. Smooth handover of documents and drawings form contractors and maintaining an accurate and up to date inventory with easy user retrieval.
2. Ensure projects contribute in achieving complex availability and reliability performance targets.
3. Execution of projects meeting timelines and budget.
Officer, Communication& Media Relations
Lead all communications, internal and external, to communicate business objectives and build corporate reputation by managing robust relationships with key external stakeholders in the government, private sector and in media (traditional/online/new) to optimise coverage as well as with internal departments to help drive the corporate culture, and to share business and safety performance with staff and contractors. Engage with media pro-actively to manage the company’s profile and safeguard the license to operate. Manage incoming media enquiries by engaging with editors, journalists, advertising and publication agencies. Manage content development and delivery of internal communication and engagement materials to enhance corporate identity. Support Company’s Management in delivering clear two-way communication (dialogue) between management and staff. Evaluate and research into new and emerging media channels. Review and coordinate print and online media/ and other relevant acts.
1. Develop and maintain two-way communication with editors, journalists and advertising officers in various media organizations/ agencies.
2. Write, develop and organize production of publications for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with the pre-defined time plan, to ensure that the content developed is intact to safeguard the license to operate.
3. Establish and maintain beneficial relationship with relevant stakeholders including government and non-governmental organizations, advertising agencies, newspapers, magazines, media planning agencies, radio and television channels and other key stakeholders to ensure effective positioning of Oman LNG and Oman LNG Development Foundation (ODF) in the media.
4. Research the suitability of various media types (such as print, electronic, internet etc.) and based on quantitative and qualitative feedback, support the section head with the media planning strategy of Oman LNG and ODF
5. Evaluate proposals received from various agencies in relations to media, publications and advertisement services.
Translate where needed the collateral and other business materials to Arabic & English
6. Responsible for outsourcing third party articles, conducting research and interviews for various internal and external communication needs when necessary.
7. Provide timely updates and content management of website and social media platforms where the company has presence.
8. Initiate, propose, develop and maintain up-to-date policies, procedures and best industry practice in media and publications section.
9. Serve as a single point of contact for media relations and publications to provide efficient media solutions for the organization.
10. Support section head to develop content and deliver internal communication and engagement materials to enhance corporate identity and build corporate reputation.
11. Conceptualize audio- visual materials.
12. Responsible for proofing and editing communications materials through all channels – before being published.
13. Support section head in reviewing the performance of media channels and identifying areas of improvement of organizational communications.
14. Assist section head to partner with other sections to ensure relevancy of communication initiatives and facilitate implementation planning by providing communication specific insight.
15. Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve effectiveness and efficiency of corporate communications.
16. Support and work closely with team and assume the responsibilities during his/her absence
17. Act as the designated alternate crisis management team member for all Media relations & Publication activities
18. Utilize the training and learning opportunities provided by the organization to develop competencies.
19. Assume ad-hoc responsibilities as and when assigned by line manager.
1. University degree in Media, Mass Communications, Journalism, or a related Arts or Social Science subject
2. Professional qualifications such as CIPR is preferred.
3. 5 – 7 years related experience, preferably in an Oil and gas organisation and in communication and media profession.
4. Prior exposure working with the media/public relations agency is preferred
5. Ability to produce content within time constraints and an eye for detail.
6. Knowledge of the wide use of communication materials/channels available
7. Knowledge of social media in particular and ability of maintaining good presence of company in all platforms.
8. Fluency in English and Arabic
9. Strong interpersonal skills
10. Working under pressure
11. Multi-tasking, Planning, managing, monitoring and coordinating a wide range of internal and external communication activities to safeguard the license to operate.
12. Extensive research and evaluation of various communication channels and aligning company’s communication to achieve optimum result.