Masdar Jobs & Careers in Abu Dhabi. Masdar is a global leader in renewable energy and sustainable urban development. Over the past decade, we have pioneered commercially viable solutions in clean energy, sustainable real estate and clean technology in the UAE and around the world. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, we develop renewable energy projects, realise low-carbon urban development and advance clean-tech innovation. We also deliver world-class knowledge and industry platforms. At Masdar, we are supporting the UAE’s transition towards a knowledge-based economy. We aim to be a model for the commercial adoption of clean technologies, and a showcase of the UAE’s wider commitment to sustainability.
• Company/Organization: Masdar
• Job Location: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Landscape Architect (Public Realm)
To define – in conjunction with the Head of City Design, Sustainable Planning, and Approvals -the environmental, landscape and public realm vision for Masdar City and to oversee – in coordination with the design and architecture teams – the development of strategies, plans, designs and guidelines that enable the implementation of this vision.
Also, to work with investment and real estate teams to define the per m2 cost for landscape and public realm, having regard to all aspects of landscape and public realm, including interim/transitional landscapes and asset management.
- Lead landscape architectural technical input
- Manage projects including relationships with consultants and external service providers, from procurement to project execution
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure documentation is in line with standards
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or related field
- Certification through a recognized professional organization of landscape architects
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role gaining a detailed understanding and knowledge of landscape architecture
- Experience in the UAE is essential
- Experience in the planning and design of large-scale urban and mixed-use projects
- Knowledge of sustainability
- Knowledge of local government agency requirements and procedures in Abu Dhabi
- Experience in eco-cities, smart cities, green developments and similar technology-intensive developments is desirable
- Exceptional communication skills and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize actions and work within a diverse team
- Able to negotiate and influence
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced, diverse environment
- Building effective relationships – advanced
- Driving performance – intermediate
- Resilience & agility – intermediate
- Adaptive – advanced
- Creativity – advanced
- Impact & influence – intermediate
- Strategic mindset – intermediate
- Leading others – intermediate
Landscape Architecture or related field
Manager, Procurement & Contracts (UAE National) –
To manage contracting and purchasing processes and activities related to requirements of the business.
Ensuring the prompt and efficient delivery of all contractual and purchasing requirements and operations in compliance with Masdar policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Assuring that contractual terms and conditions safeguard Masdar’s best interests and that funds which are spent through procurement process are being utilized efficiently for the best long term interests of Masdar.
- Contribute to the execution of the procurement and contracts strategy and business plan.
- Manage and oversee contracting & purchasing processes and operations.
- Manage the team’s contribution during the tendering stage.
- Oversee contracting and purchasing records and documentation.
- Internal customer service and communication.
- Manage consultant / stakeholder relations relevant to purchasing.
- Build a professional project team and contribute to their growth and development.
- Comply with information security policies, procedures and requirements at all times.
- 6-8 years of of experience in contracts and purchasing in a large organization requiring the procurement of a large range of products and services, including at least 2-3 years in a managerial role.
- Knowledge of financial, legal and corporate responsibility matters
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills leading to a consultative approach within a corporate / multifunctional environment
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize actions and manage a diverse team
- Customer service
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
Application & Sales Engineering Manager (The Catalyst, Masdar BP JV)
This position will be hired directly under The Catalyst.
The Catalyst is a corporation located within Masdar City, jointly formed by British Petroleum and Masdar.
The Catalyst delivers early-stage funding, facilities, networking opportunities and other support to foster the formation of technology-based startup companies, engage entrepreneurs, and support technology-based innovation by accelerating ideas in order to grow them as testable beta versions.
The role is expected to play a key role in supporting the General Manager in the overall daily operations and management of the selected startup operations within the Catalyst.
Assisting in the management of daily operations of the selected startups
Ensuring the program deliverables and quality control of startups
Leading a daily review of the overall startup operations, producing a weekly update and providing action lists for the rest of the team
Liaising with Masdar appointed contacts for monthly updates to be sent to the Investment Committee Secretary.
Engaging with the Catalyst mentor pool and ensuring their interactions with startups
Managing the pool of trainers to provide necessary courses to startups on a weekly and case by case basis
Assisting startups to manufacture, promote and sell their products, seek customers, advisors and further investment entities
Directing and supporting on the overall plan for the accelerator website and social media content to inform sponsors, partners, investors and future startup applicants about the accelerator program
Evaluating program performance, developing reporting mechanisms to measure progress against Accelerator goals and KPIs, and sharing insightful results and recommendations with the General Manager.
Planning, running and attending events to find promising startups (locally and globally)
Continuously improving the current application process based on the feedback from previous cohorts
Creating a forward thinking acceleration process/planning for individual startups. Process should include: action plans, marketing plans, business model and timelines to be measured
Finalizing startup agreements/contracts
Supporting Catalyst General Manager and overseeing program execution to ensure its completion in an efficient manner
Designing questionnaires for teams, mentors and partners to gather feedback on the program
Using this feedback to suggest future iterations and improvements for the program
Defining and reporting key metrics and deliverables as part of an overall impact report of the accelerator
Supporting in the drafting of the quarterly and final reporting on the program to the accelerator board members
Previous experience in Energy/Mobility/Agro Tech/Renewables/Recycling Tech
Comfortable building and maintaining networks
Strong interpersonal skills & work ethic
Passionate about technology: Clean Energy & Sustainability
Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
Familiar with global startup ecosystem
Organizing and running workshops or events
Experience in project management, product development,
Experience in a multicultural work environment
UAE nationals encouraged to apply