Omantel Careers Recruitment & Jobs 2021. We are Oman’s first and leading integrated telecommunications services provider, enabling the digital society to flourish, allowing new ways of doing business while delivering a world of information and entertainment right to your fingertips. At Omantel, connecting people to a better tomorrow is what we do best, whether it be via high speed networks, unified communications or streaming solutions. Be part of a team ready to empower your dreams and connect you to greatness. If you believe it, we can achieve it together.
• Company/Organization: Omantel | Oman Telecommunications Company
• Job Location: Oman
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Data Scientist | Customer Value Management Senior Expert
Education / Experience / Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
• Higher degree (preferred Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Operational Research or related).
(Digital & Analytics) Digital Services Division Senior Expert
Senior Expert, Digital & Analytics perform various functions, which primarily involves providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to solve business problems.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
1) Business/digital analytics:
• Day-to-Day providing business reports and analysis. In Omantel, responsibilities for report generation and the analysis delivery roles.
• Strong Knowledge on tying the data to business objectives.
2) Implementation/technical expertise:
• Knowledge how to configure data capture and the web analytics tool to deliver necessary data back to the business, or how to integrate multiple data and analytics systems.
3) Big data/data warehousing/database query and management:
• An understanding of, or experience with, merging data sets across various & multiple data sources to achieve the required aim or analytical goal.
4) Data science/statistics/business intelligence:
• An advanced skills of data modeling and traditional statistical analysis on digital data. Merging digital and Omantel customer data, or online and offline data, and leveraging on specialized tools for analysis.
5) Qualitative analysis:
• Merging qualitative data collected by surveys, social channels, or other sources with available quantitative data of actual behavior at the visitor or customer level to provide deep customer insights.
6) Research & Best Practices skills:
• The introduction of Best Practices & standards by keeping informed on the latest research in areas this area and providing additional insight into digital analytics
7) Digital Channels Measurement:
• Strong knowledge and capabilities to capture, extract, analyze and measure behavior of the customers in terms of usability and customer journey to enable the developers to improve and enhance Omantel digital channels usability, agility and rich overall experience.
• Provision of analytical data to measure, improve and enhance the deployed business processes.
8) Operational Management:
• Working with people and managing junior team of analysts. It is crucial that they have exceptional writing and verbal communication skills to perform their job duties and manage others.
• Able to convey the requirements to digital manager’s technical teams and developers, ensuring best practices are followed.
9) Decision Making:
• Contribution on digital revenue growth through subscription businesses, digital sales and monetization opportunities.
10) Tools Experience:
• Google & FireBase Analytics.
• IBM BI Tools.
• Microsoft BI Tools.
• MS Excel deep experience.
11) Knowledge Transfer
• Transfer the Knowledge to working team members, for them to grasp knowledge on digital analytics concepts, business and capabilities, to build strong & capable team within Digital Services Division.
1) Knowledge / Technical Skills:
• Digital Data Analytics to be tied back to broader business objectives, with ability to link the traditional media, social media, offline, or in-store behavior and more data models. Business-minded individuals with knowledge of how to make recommendations and decisions from all available data sources. As such, the individual shall have strong hold on both digital and offline analytics, and digital analytics tools experience coupled with experience using enterprise business intelligence tools
2)Education / Certifications: Bachelors’ Degree in the relevant field.
3) Experience: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience within telecom sector.
Operations Audit Senior Expert
To Provide expert consulting advice to the SM, Operation Corporate Audit / Unit head on design, planning control, and improvement of Internal Audit activities including design and implementation of such activities; and to manage strategic projects related to Internal Audit.
- Supervise the Team members in assigned Audit.
- Provide feedback on the performance of the Audit members during the review.
- Conducting risk assessments and prioritizing the high, medium & low risk areas in the Company to form the basis for annual audit plans
- Assist in preparing Internal Audit Plan
- Conduct internal audits and reviews including, produce reports that highlight audit findings and issues and provide recommendations to improve the business processes of the company
- Coordinate with business process owners to implement audit recommendations and corrective actions
- Provide professional advice to the management of other Business/Functional Units as requested
- Conduct pre-audit of payments which are sent to Internal Audit including vetting of payment to employees (payroll & bonuses etc.)
- Maintain current internal auditing knowledge in order to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of internal auditing methodologies, processes and service
- Provide suitable inputs from efficiency & control perspective on major contracts whenever advice sought;
- Train other team members about the internal audit best practices and over control environment in Omantel;
- Review policies & procedures of the Company and provide comments
- Contribute to the overall development of Internal Audit unit;
- Follow-up on issues with senior managers to ensure carry through of resolutions
Certifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s in Accountancy or relevant
· Professional qualification is preferred (viz. ACA, FCA, CPA, CIA, CISA,)
. Minimum 8 years of experience