Odfjell Drilling Careers & Jobs 2020: Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries. Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea. We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
• Company/Organization: Odfjell Drilling
• Job Location: Worldwide
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Sales and Account Supervisor
Location: Aberdeen, UK
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Generate and qualify client leads
- Identifying customers and negotiating deals to achieve set monthly sales targets
- Contribute and follow sales plans, account strategies, new market development plans, sales policies. etc. monitor and ensure continuing sales growth and profitability
- Develop and maintain long term customer relations
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients
- Present company products and services to current and potential clients
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports using CRM system
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships follow up on sales activity
- Prepare tenders, quotes and pricing
- Carry out market research and surveys
- Ensure POs, WOs, DTs are in place, submission of invoices and follow up through to payment
- Monitor competitors, market conditions and product development
- Ensure comprehensive and timely handover of new contracts and POs to Operations and Finance Teams
- Act as key focal point between client and operations team
- Attend client meetings and respond to client requests in a proactive timely manner
- Establish and maintain good communication and dialogue with rig site service personnel
- Promote collaboration / transfer of experience between the rig site service personnel
- Participate in planning meetings, DWOP, CWOP, AAR where appropriate
- Report cost, progress and deviation in projects and daily operations, in cooperation with Operations Manager
- Plan and coordinate logistical support for equipment & personnel to ensure all services are delivered per the scope of work and on time
- Communicates proactively and supports continuous alignment between the business development, sales and marketing functions
- Undertake any other special assignments and duties as and when required
- Ensure all designated duties are performed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Travel will be a requirement of this role.
Preference will be given to candidates meeting the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct experience in sales and account management within drilling or well services.
- Engineering and/or extensive background in drilling or well service operations.
- Broad knowledge of common drilling, wellbore cleanup, fishing, casing drilling, tubular running and other specialty tools and their applications.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage customers by demonstrating value from an early stage.
- Excellent relationship management and persuasion skills.
- Detailed knowledge of market pricing with ability to prepare high quality quotations.
- Dedicated to providing great customer service and willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Strong IT skills with experience in IFS and Hubspot (or similar inventory management and CRM applications).
- The right to work in the UK
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Location: Middle East
- Relevant formal background, MSc level, alternatively long relevant experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience from rig/service, fishing operations
- Good knowledge of drilling related equipment
- Previous experience from a management position
- HSE training
- In-house or external management training
- Accurate, systematic, and have good sense of order
- Good written and oral English skills
- Manage the Operations Department
- Market our services and products
- Tender preparation
- Optimize the equipment stock
- Follow-up relevant agreements/contracts with customers and suppliers
- Report cost, progress, and deviation in projects and daily operations
- Maintain and develop good relations and good service towards our customers and suppliers
- Carry out sales, operational and marketing of all Off/Onshore activities of the base
- Supervise and carry out, as required, all bidding for these projects using other personnel as required
- Generate sales and operational information on a continual basis, including sales and operation reports. Supervise and maintain this information to give a continual forecast of revenue and workload for the base.
- Prepare a sales and operations plan detailing proposed client visits, frequency, purpose, etc.
- Maintain daily sales and operation contact with clients. Deal with any sales queries and pass on any operational information to the Sales & Operation teams.
- Monitor personnel availability and suitability for jobs and select suitable crews. Coordinate personnel travel for offshore and inter-base as required.
- Liase with clients to ensure offshore staff have correct client induction/permit users certification and that there is a sufficient pool of such trained staff to cover all operational requirements
- Monitor and update personnel tracking for OWS Services operational employees within your base
- Liase with Senior Management regarding personnel requirements
- Monitor training needs for offshore staff within OWS Services and schedule the staff to attend the classes as and when available or required
- Coordinate with the training coordinator to select suitable times for the ad hoc courses
- Liaise with clients to ensure we are supplying the correct equipment
- Ensure all staff reporting to this position act in accordance with OWS Company policy and country laws
- Conduct disciplinary meetings with staff as required within your area
- Ensure the highest standard of equipment maintenance within your area
- Ensure all equipment movements are recorded as per policy