Careers at Khalifa University Jobs: The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Does working for a young and dynamic university appeal to you? Would you like to share your talent to help build a university that is well positioned as a leader of higher education in the United Arab Emirates, the Middle East, and internationally ? Would you like to work in a diverse and culturally rich environment? Our vision influences everything we do, from academics and research; to creating a benefit package that reflects the way people are valued. We are actively hiring faculty and staff to join us in transforming our vision into a reality.
The Learning Specialist assists with the College of Medicine and Health Sciences learning enhancement program, serves as liaison and/or advisor for College’s students and faculty, and helps ensure effective delivery of student services. The Learning Specialist will engage students, individually and with group learning activities. The position will work collaboratively under the direction of the Program Director Student Academic Support Services and to ensure access to academic support is integrated and equitably available to all College of Medicine and Health Sciences students.
- Assist with the University’s learning enhancement program by providing academic support and direction to students, sharing pertinent information with faculty and administration, mentoring students in preparation for exams, and providing support for special programs.
- Maintain student records in compliance with University policies and keep accurate documentation of sessions, meetings, and other communications as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison and/or advisor for and between students and faculty, facilitating enhanced learning, ensuring effective transition to medical/graduate school, providing workshops and sessions enhancing the learning experience for students, helping ensure effective delivery of student services, assisting with student orientation, and contributing to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Contribute as an active member of/and collaborator for the Learning Enhancement team.
- Teach seminars and provide individual counselling to students preparing for standardized exams; Plans and directs remedial programs.
- Maintain reports and completes forms regarding student academic support.
- Monitor student progress; prepares communications as needed.
- Organize and input pertinent information into student information management software.
- Represent the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- Attend relevant committee meetings (e.g. curriculum, orientation)
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Master’s degree in Cognitive or Educational Psychology, Counseling, Education or related field.
A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
Manager, Recruitment and Admissions
The Manager, Recruitment and Admissions is responsible for providing leadership, strategic enrollment planning and student recruitment strategies leading the Enrollment team in attracting students and promoting profile and opportunities at Khalifa University.
The Manager Recruitment and Admissions designs, implements and manages recruitment and admissions processes to meet Khalifa University and CMHS strategic goals
Working with KU Enrollment Office and other offices and departments in KU and the CMHS, coordinates Student recruitment activities, participates in KU pre-medical programs and activities, and supports pipeline programs to increase the number of qualified applicants to the CMHS
Routinely reviews and updates recruitment and admissions information contained on the KU website, on social media platforms, and in all promotional materials
Supervises the medical student ambassador program and trains participants
Advises students and families concerning admission requirements, financial aid and scholarships, alternative educational opportunities, and university policies and procedures
In coordination with IT, supervises the update of recruitment and admissions systems
Participates in training of admissions committee members; prepares and annually updates the admissions committee manual
Screens applications to determine if they meet minimum academic requirements for admission
Assigns applications to admissions committee members for review
Investigates and clarifies any discrepancies in applications
Collates data and prepares reports for the Admissions Committee
Participates as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Admissions Committee
Informs students of admissions committee decisions
Assists with preparation and transfer of medical student pre-medical grades and records to the registrar’s office in coordination with KU and other CMHS offices and departments, ensuring compliance with university, local, and federal laws, regulations and policies
Participates in new student orientation and onboarding processes
Adheres to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
Follow-up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field
A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
The contract specialist is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of local or centralized procurement activity.Work involves developing and evaluating purchase orders and contracts in line with the contract process, and providing reporting and special project coordination.
• Support the implementation of contractual strategies, policies and procedures, to enhance the quality, reliability and cost effectiveness of supplies/goods provided by suppliers/contractors.
• Ensure that all contracting services are fully compliant with the established contracting policies and procedures.
• Assist in designing and developing contracts’ standards, including the creation, maintenance, and approval of clauses, variables, deliverables, and contract templates.
• Assist in preparing and issuing tender invitation packages in close coordination with end-users, and act as a focal point for requests for clarifications and external communication with bidders.
• Assist in developing and reviewing agreements’ documentation in coordination with the Legal Department with regards to contractual matters, particularly those related to terms and conditions, contractual claims and counter claims, as appropriate.
• Coordinate the technical evaluation process, and participate in the commercial evaluation on the technically acceptable bids, and prepare award recommendations.
• Participate in negotiating contracts and agreements.
• Assist in analyzing business risks associated with specific contracts and contract provisions, and communicate risks to the management to facilitate the decision making process.
• Draft procurement contracts, agreements and formal correspondences
• Maintain various contractors and contracts records, covering contractors’ performance and contract documentation which include bank guarantees, performance bonds, insurance policies, etc.
• Maintain an updated database on active contracts, reports on status and expenditure, and advise end users on any required actions.
• Assist in managing the signing and distribution of contracts, and ensure their timely renewal/replacement.
• Advise end-users on the suitable contract and award strategy, and assist them with the post-contract administration activities.
• Periodically evaluate procurement contracts, agreements, and suppliers objectively, in terms of performance, commitment and adherence to the set terms and conditions, etc, and accordingly decide whether to renew contracts and agreements or search for new sources and suppliers.
• Develop reports and statistics regarding contract related aspects.
• Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field
A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.