Careers & Recruitment at Brunei Shell Petroleum Jobs Vacancy 2021. Brunei Shell Petroleum Co Sdn Bhd (BSP) is a dynamic, world-class company and one of the biggest energy companies in Asia. We have a long history in Brunei of more than 85 years and we are at the leading edge of energy technology. We put safety and environment at the heart of everything we do and invest in the people and community of Brunei. Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sdn Bhd’s activity is primarily for the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas from onshore and offshore fields. It also owns the Brunei Refinery. The Government of Brunei Darussalam and The Asiatic Petroleum Company Limited are equal shareholders. BSP is by far the largest oil and gas producer.
• Company/Organization: Brunei Shell Petroleum Co Sdn Bhd (BSP)
• Job Location: Brunei
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Senior Inspector Fabric Maintenance
• Efficient and timely execution of the inspection plans for fabric and piping inspection within the process and utility area.
• Provide fabric, piping and pressure equipment repair/rectification recommendations with applicable QA/QC requirements such that equipment is reinstated to required standards.
• Document, report and track equipment condition and repair/rectification recommendations.
• Lead coordinating inspector for fabric scope during major turnaround campaign for the process area. Provide inspection support to inspectors at other areas like utility, process and terminal during routine, unit shutdowns and major turnarounds.
• Provide inspection services for the annual LNG trains and utility areas during major turnaround campaign.
• Provide technical support to the maintenance execution and projects organisations such that integrity standards are met in a cost effective manner.
• Provide guidance to EMI junior inspectors and contribute actively to their competency development.
• Contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of the BLNG Quality Management System.
Main Contacts BLNG: EMI personnel, MM area maintenance coordinators and supervisors, Technological, Projects and Production Units organisation personnel.
External: Inspection & NDT Contractor and Integrated Services Contractor staff.
Required • BSc degree, HND or other relevant qualification in Mechanical/Materials Engineering.
• API 510 and API 570 certification or equivalent.
• CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector and CSWIP 3.4 and Radiographic Interpreter certification or equivalent.
Electrical Generation and Distribution Engineer
Purpose of Job:
Brunei Liquefied Natural Gas Sdn. Bhd. (BLNG), is one of the oldest and most established LNG plants worldwide. It has annual revenue of US$ 3.5 billion.
The purpose of Electrical Generation and Distribution Engineer (EEE/3) role is to manage and maintain on the integrity and operational sustainability of BLNG Electrical Power Generation & Distribution system in order to support on BLNG business needs and LNG delivery program/plans.
1. Annual OPEX budget is in the order of B$ 1 milion OPEX.
2. As Company Site Representative (CSR), EEE/3 is responsible for the management of Electrical maintenance service contract with a combined approved contract value in the order of B$ 1 million.
3. One direct report: Electrical Supervisor – Generation & Distribution (EEE/31) with total manpower of 5 own BLNG technician staffs and up to 4 contractors.
4. Support maintenance activities as a SAEP (Senior Authorised Electrical Person) in accordance to BLNG Electrical Safety Rules.
Managing and providing technical assurance on the maintenance and operation of Electrical Generation and Distribution system such that integrity and reliability requirements are met for the BLNG and BSP assets (in BLNG), in line with the delivery programs for the integrated LNG supply chain and related by-products.
Assist Production Unit Department to operate the electrical distribution network by ensuring all switching, work on electrical equipment are carried out safely as per BLNG Electrical Safety Rules.
Provide support in the assessment and selection of potential electrical authorization persons in accordance to BLNG Electrical Safety Rules.
Co-ordinate on the planning, implementation and performance monitoring of divisional business plans.
Responsible for health, safety, environment and sustainable development related to electrical generation and distribution activities.
Maintain and improve relations and communication with all BLNG’s internal stakeholders related to Electrical Generation and Distribution matters.
Manage contracts related to the electrical generation and distribution and inspection activities, conforming to appropriate standards and business principles.
Investigates and provide necessary corrective maintenance (as an Electrical technical advisor) pertaining to failure of electrical power generation and distribution equipment by providing records of equipment failure contemplating long term solutions and strategies.
Reviews electrical related documentations (Work Instructions and Control Procedures) related to the operation and maintainability of electrical power generation and distribution unit.
Participate in any Root Cause Analysis (RCA) workshop/session and spare parts evaluations (incl. sparing strategy). Ensure the spare part management for electrical generation and distribution critical equipment are regularly reviewed and updated.
Provide technical supports and advise on electrical power generation and distribution to other disciplines as and when required.
Responsible for coaching, on the job training and the development of individual’s competencies within Electrical Engineering department in order to sustain the business needs and requirement.
Ensure compliance of all Health, Safety, Environment related to electrical maintenance/project activities by performing toolbox talks, PAKAT audits and participating in Job Hazard Analysis reviews. Ensure compliance with BLNG Electrical Safety Rules.
Provide backup Technical Assurance for Electrical Protection system, Protection relay coordination and setting.
Stand-in as the Head of Electrical Engineering (EEE) when requested from time to time.
Provide Technical Assurance as TA-3 for maintenance and projects when requested.
Financial, contractual and HR related authorities are as mandated in the BLNG Manual of Authorities including SAP.
Prepares and submits Electrical Power Generation and Distribution improvement proposals, plans, and budgets for approval.
Supervises contracts, as the appointed BLNG Company Site Representative.
Recommends the selection, transfer, training, appraisal, and promotion of electrical generation and distribution personnel.
Authorised to operate the BLNG Electrical System as Senior Authorised Electrical Person (SAEP) in accordance to BLNG Electrical Safety Rules.
Minimum Bachelor of Engineering (BEng Hons) qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and equivalent experience.
Able to communicate in English, both verbally as well as in writing.
Working experience of at least five years covering maintenance of a medium to large HV Electrical Power Generation and Distribution system, with at least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
JCP level 4 in industrial Electrical Safety Rules.
JCP level 3 in Management and supervision, including staff development/competency.
JCP level 4 in Power system operation and maintenance.
JCP level 4 in Electrical Maintenance.
JCP level 4 in Electrical Protection and Control.
JCP level 4 in Electrical System Studies.
JCP level 4 in Hazardous Areas and Ex equipment.
Head of Digitalisation
Purpose of Job:
The Head of Digitalization owns and drives delivery of Asset Digital and Data Roadmap on behalf of Asset Leadership Team. This role leads the opportunity identification (strategic) and value realization and ensure alignment with asset improvement plan. They have strong stakeholder and change management skills and ability to partner and influence across the organizational ecosystem, including the Business, Engineering, IT, Digital Centres of Excellence and technology teams.
• Work with Asset leadership team to develop asset specific digital roadmaps that support the Fit-for-the-future agenda in IG, with a specific aim to drive value, for instance through digital initiatives that increase reliability and/or availability, improve (process) safety, reduce emissions or increase cash generation. Support the implementation.
• Manage the digital funnel to meet asset priorities and demand.
• Ensure BLNG has a cohesive IT software roadmap, with lifecycle management. Act as owner for digitalization specific IT assets.
• Be a trusted advisor to co-partner with the business on their digitalization needs e.g. establish plans, development roadmaps, lead workshops, initiate hackathons, or source partners to deliver to the business.
• Develop strong relationships with critical vendors / partners and wider network of digitalization leads at other assets.
• Managing a natural team of both BLNG staff and third-party specialists to deliver digital solutions. (This natural teams would span roles such as business designers, product owners, project leaders, data scientists and software developers).
• Incubating new digital initiatives with clear scalability assessments upfront.
• Monitoring value creation from digital initiatives.
• Systematically improving the digital literacy of the workforce through targeted change management and competence development programmes.
• Defining and maintaining business data strategy ensuring that BLNG treats data as an asset.
• Acting as a catalyst for change – picking up difficult conversations and understanding end user’s “too hard to do pile”. Implementing solutions even if they are difficult.
• 8+ years of professional experience in operational or engineering fields with a strong element of business IT interfacing to deliver transformational solutions.
• Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, business administration or a related discipline.
• Be able to lead and influence a multidisciplinary digital pod and deliver as per the digital roadmap, which is in line with the short term and long-term digital aspirations of the organisation.
• The interest and ability to understand the business strategy, value drivers, processes and challenges and to use this to identify opportunities for IT to drive greater business value
• A good understanding of technology deployments in the market and their relevance to driving business value for their business area. Previous experience identifying and maturing business transformation opportunities and delivery of digital solutions in an asset environment.
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
• Strong knowledge of operations and BLNG business is preferable.
• Strong, current technical proficiency with applications architecture, frameworks and enterprise solutions delivery.
• Results-oriented, ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines. Able to manage and be comfortable dealing with a mixed portfolio of fully formed digital projects, proofs of concepts and experiments.
• Oversee the change management plans and user’s adoption.
• Identify required business resources to successfully deliver digital initiatives
• Strong understanding of data platforms and importance of data in digitalisation landscape.
• Track record in delivering value, from opportunity identification to delivery, dealing with unknowns and taking decision with incomplete set of information.
• Expertise in developing precise problem statements within a collaborative work environment.
• Significant experience managing solution delivery of third parties.
• Experiences in creating a data-driven culture and enabling behavioural change.