Sharjah Container Terminal Jobs. Established in 1976, Gulftainer is a privately owned, independent port management and 3PL logistics company based in United Arab Emirates (UAE) and for more than 38 years we have been delivering a world-class performance to our customers. Our UAE operations include the Khorfakkan Container Terminal (KCT) and the Sharjah Container Terminal (SCT), and the company’s international presence spans across the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas with projects in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Brazil and the USA. In addition to the facilities in the UAE, Gulftainer’s current portfolio covers activities at Umm Qasr Port in Iraq, Recife Port in Brazil, Tripoli Port in Lebanon and in Saudi Arabia where it manages container terminals in Jeddah and Jubail. The company recently signed a 35-year concession with the Canaveral Port Authority in Florida marking Gulftainer’s first venture in the United States.
• Company/Organization: Sharjah Container Terminal
• Job Location: Sharjah, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Accountant | Sharjah – UAE
• Responsible for preparing and recording accounting entries. Includes reviewing and preparing analysis to support journal entries.
• Acts as point of contact for Bank Relationship Managers and GT staff on all routine bank related issues/transactions.
• Compiles and remits financial information as part of the periodic closing process.
• Prepares bank reconciliations, records accounting entries which includes reviewing and preparing analysis to support journal entries.
• Payroll processing, by updating the payroll data and validating to ensure timely payments.
• Day-to-day cash and bank management including petty cash payments.
• Ensures all payments are organised in time, as per the DOA matrix.
• Follows up with internal Gulftainer departments and clients regarding issues related to financial and accounting practices, agreements and procedures.
• Maintains records and taking appropriate actions on Debt Repayment Schedule, Bank Facility balance, Security Cheques & Bank Guarantee’s in favour of our company, Fund-arrangements as per treasury requirements.
• Performs documentation tasks related to:
– Loans, payments, commodity trade, bank guarantees, renewals & cancellation process.
– Letter of Credits, insurance cover, shipping document follow-ups.
– Fixed deposits, credit cards, etc.
Desired Candidate Profile
Minimum of 6 years Accounting experience, which includes the following:
– Maintaining books of accounts as per the IFRS guidelines.
– Managing treasury and banking related tasks, with documentation.
– Payroll coordination, updates and validation.
Technical Qualification / Certification: Working knowledge of SAP FICO or Simple Finance ERP system
Educational Background: Graduation or equivalent in Finance/Accounting/Commerce
Purchasing & Engineering Planning Manager | Sharjah – UAE
• Lead Engineering planning department in the move to become a planning driven, schedule compliant & forward-thinking team.
• Manage corporate EAM – MM ensuring process compliance and accuracy of management information and reporting.
• Implementing and promoting asset management culture to site teams in line with SAP capabilities.
• Assist with and compile budgeted plan in line with asset strategy and maintenance best practice.
• Compile and issue Engineering department & Stores KPIs on monthly basis.
• EAM & MM master data governance and population.
• Oversee PM and notification-based delivery plan in line with site operational plan.
• Liaise with site engineering management teams frequently carrying out reviews and enhancements on the EAM Task Lists ensuring standardization and alignment are maintained throughout the group.
• Develop improvements to engineering systems and procedures for to enhance departmental performance in line with raising operational productivity levels.
• Develop and maintain EAM fault analysis data within SAP and publish reports.
• Optimization of MRP ERSA policy levels to meet engineering/operational requirements.
• Oversee Purchasing & Procurement team ensuring adequate stores ERSA control are maintained and monitored.
• Develop asset criticality paths in line with business needs.
• Maintain and develop business critical spares via asset criticality paths.
• Provide site EAM & MM support and training during development of the ERP
• Oversee group site stores function ensuring ERSA parts are managed and appropriate stock policies are maintained.
• Continuous development and KPI monitoring of both Engineering & Stores teams.
• Project management.
• Manage SAP EAM/MM user access rights.
Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment
• Ensures that all health and safety protocols are enforced and observed in all Company’s activities to protect the employees and the public.
• Complies with all applicable laws and relevant industry standards of practice and commits to the continuous improvement of HSE management practices.
• Provides strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in health, safety and the environment and makes available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives.
Educational Background: B.Sc./B.A. Degree or equivalent
Technical Qualification / Certification: ERP Systems and administration
Professional Skills Required:
• CMMS Manager, PAS 55 /BS55000 Asset management skills, MS Office, SAP
• Knowledge of equipment maintenance, Excellent understanding of Port STS & mobile equipment
• Excellent performance man manager, Change Management