Qatar Chemical Company Ltd. (QChem) is a Qatari company owned by Mesaieed Petrochemical Holding Company Q.S.C. (MPHC) 49 percent, Chevron Phillips Chemical International Qatar Holdings LLC (Chevron Phillips Chemical Qatar) 49 percent, and Qatar Petroleum (QP) 2 percent. Q-Chem is committed to providing exciting, challenging, and rewarding work opportunities and offers long term employment, an attractive tax-free salary, family or single status accommodation allowance, daily and monthly transport allowance, generous annual leaves which includes return air fares to point of origin, education allowance for up to four children in Qatar, and extensive medical and dental benefits. A career at Q-Chem is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Qatar.
• Company/Organization: Qatar Chemical Company Ltd. (Q-Chem)
• Job Location: Qatar
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Process Support Engineer
JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
This position is specifically looking for an experienced Ethylene Process engineer. That will bring the most value to Q-Chem by ensuring safe, reliable, and efficient operations through Process Optimization and Process Improvement Efforts of the Mesaieed Facility. This position works closely with the Production Department to ensure the Q-Chem objectives are met while bringing the most value to the company, while providing the required routine Process Engineering support.
Process Support Engineering
- Develop process monitoring tools to improve unit monitoring of product yields and quality, end points, transfer temperatures and flow rates, etc. Use this information to monitor ongoing performance of specified equipment.
- Perform daily monitoring of plant parameters, evaluating and providing recommendation for betterment of process.
- Provide practical solutions for plant upsets and operational challenges. Recommend changes to operating procedures/instructions and recommends operational changes. Review / update procedures as needed, alarm & ESD checklists, PRV forms, plant drawings, CV sheets, and process-related items. Also, conduct a Plant walkthrough and highlight any abnormal condition or suggestion for improvement to the Lead Process Support Engineer.
- Provide inputs to the MOC Process for specified agreed scope of the recommendation in Plant MOC system.
- Perform comprehensive monitoring of catalyst in use including catalyst cycle optimizations and recommends any process changes in the plant operation to the Operations Specialist, which will improve the catalyst cycle, increase profitability, and improve safety and reliability of the unit. Prepare procedures for catalyst regeneration, reduction, start up for new catalyst and catalyst unloading & loading.
- Develop detailed process design for engineering packages and follow up on implementation. Actively pursues in coordination with Operations Specialist completion of needed plant changes, from the initial investigation through design, construction, and start-up.
- Provide inputs to the project framing document with supporting mark-up documents to plant modifications and improvements (TWR Process). Develop scope of work and package for plant modifications during normal operations and Turnarounds. Including feasibility and economic analysis.
- Participate in reviews of detailed design documents when detailed scoping documents are prepared by other organizations.
- Monitor and provide technical expertise on installation and commissioning of plant modification projects.
- Engineering assistance to operation and maintenance on technical aspect of the equipment troubleshooting.
- Managing material and energy balance, comparing with design and assisting to run the plant efficiently and Economically.
- Specialty and experience in HYSYS Modelling for Process Unit operations troubleshooting is required.
- Technical evaluation of tenders and selection of vendors for chemicals and process equipment.
- Participate and lead incident investigations (RCA) on plant abnormal incidents.
- Lead process efforts for new chemical approval process.
- Maintain Process owned PSI such as heat and material balance, chemical reactivity matrix, PRD design data, maximum intended inventory, etc.
- Issue monthly process monitoring performance reports for assigned areas.
- Provide support for equipment inspections and associated process engineering recommendations. Provide process support to QTAPS including scope identification and as found process inspection reports.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes, procedures, and practices taking into account ‘international leading practices’, in order to meet business requirements and improve operational effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all Section’s policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a safe and consistent manner.
- Ensure implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls in compliance with Q-Chem’s standards and regulatory requirements.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the Department to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
- Lead engineering efforts to reduce environmental impact.
- Lead engineering efforts to eliminate Process Safety and Personal Safety Events through engineering design.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the Department and Customer requirements.
- Ensure that routine and ad-hoc Process Engineering reports are prepared in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner to meet business reporting requirements and standards and provide insight to facilitate sound decision-making.
- Ensure key Process Engineering, Energy, and Efficiency Metrics are monitored, measured, and reviewed with required actions taken on a routine basis in order to ensure Technical Department and Q-Chem goals are achieved.
- Report to the Lead Process Support Engineer, Process Engineering Superintendent, and Technical Manager on the progress of activities against the annual business plans, opportunities, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to make an informed decision.
- Keep record of units’ documentations history (especially new projects and developments) by regularly updating the Process Engineering E-Filing Folder.
- Arrange/facilitate presentations and visits to prospective candidates from QP, QITS, CNAQ, QU and Texas A&M.
- Participate in the in-house knowledge sharing initiative by attendance and presenting topicsQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCEEducation
Required : Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
Preferred : Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering
Required : Total of 7-10 years of experience in Ethylene manufacturing in Process Engineering
Preferred : Experience in O&G Industry
Other Job Specific Requirements and/or Vocational Accreditations
HSYS Modelling for design
Advanced Process Control System (linear and nonlinear) design
High level of Process engineering design and feasibility study
Microsoft Office Applications, VBA
Simulation Tool – HSYS/ASPEN/Pro II
Basic proficiency in Conversant with International Standards
Required : English – Proficient
Preferred : Arabic – Working Knowledge