Are you looking for Gulf Drilling International Jobs in Qatar? Here we are sharing the latest Gulf Drilling International Careers for you. GDI offering exciting Careers in Qatar for job seekers. Gulf Drilling International Limited (GDI) was established as the first onshore and offshore oil and gas drilling company in Qatar. Gulf Drilling International Jobs. GDI was formed as a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (QP), Qatar’s national oil corporation, and Japan Drilling Co., Ltd. (JDC). In July 2007, QP acquired 25% shares of JDC, raising its ownership in GDI to 70%. In February of 2008, all shares of QP were transferred to Gulf International Services, q.s.c. (GIS) which became a public shareholding company in May 2008 and is listed on the Doha Securities Market. Gulf Drilling International Qatar Careers.
GDI Qatar Job Vacancies 2021
GDI is a World Class Drilling Company and a market leader in Qatar that focuses on providing safe, efficient & cost effective Drilling, Liftboat and Jack-up Accommodation services. GDI Drilling Jobs
GDI has invested in infrastructures to support its drilling operations. For example, a central warehouse provides spares and consumables to the rigs, a sizable workshop keeps our repair and maintenance systems up to the OEM and industry standards, and a modern camp facility houses all the onshore crews. Gulf Drilling International Jobs. GDI also has several cranes and articulated vehicles to assist with rig moves and four (5) water well units that provide services to drill water well for the drilling sites operations. Gulf Drilling International Jobs.
• Company/Organization: Gulf Drilling International (GDI)
• Job Location: Qatar
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Apply for more jobs 👇
- Airgas Careers and Jobs 2021 | Houston
- Precision Drilling Careers 2021 | USA | Canada | Kuwait
- YASREF Careers in Yanbu | Saudi Arabia | Latest Oil and Gas Jobs 2021
- SANAD Drilling Careers 2021 | Saudi Aramco Nabors Drilling Company Jobs
- Qatar Petroleum Jobs | QP Careers Qatar 2021
List Of Gulf Drilling International Jobs 2021
Safely operate cranes on assigned offshore rig of varying jib lengths, type and handling capacities to load, unload or move heavy materials, equipment to or from rig and supply boats. Carries out regular, routine maintenance and servicing work on the crane and associated hoisting equipment in accordance with approved procedures.
Provides consistent safe leadership to assigned Roustabout and ensures that all work performed is in accordance with established operating limits of crane operations. Instructs a crew of Roustabouts to perform tasks such as sandblasting, scrapping, painting to ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained on the rig.
Ensuring Loads are within Crane Capacity:
- Operates various fixed diesel and electro-hydraulic rig pedestal cranes of varying jib lengths and lifting capacities to load, unload, move and stack various heavy materials such as machinery, equipment, tubular pipes, fuel baskets and food containers.
Ensures that loads are within crane capacity and carries out operations smoothly and in accordance with correct company and OEM operating procedures.
Regular Maintenance Checks:
- Carries out regular maintenance checks based on PM system on all types of cranes on assigned rig. Includes general inspection, repair and lubrication of derrick, hoist ropes and sheaves, checking of slewing ring, boom connection pins, Safe load indicators and limit switches.
- Checks pedestal on a regular basis to locate surface cracks, metal fatigue or strain.
Arranges follow-up maintenance on major items not within his capability to ensure that the crane is maintained in an optimum and safe working condition at all times. Reports deficiencies immediately to Barge Engineer and relevant trade.
New Cranes Onsite Inspection:
Carries out the on-site inspection of new cranes installed on assigned rig to ensure that they are in good working condition. Checks new slings and rigging upon arrival to ensure perfect working condition. Reports deficiencies immediately to Barge Engineer and relevant trade
Organizing Equipment for Operations:
- Assists the Barge Engineer in organizing equipment on the Rig in such a manner as to ensure operational readiness.
- Ensure that equipment used is properly certified.
Liaises with Barge Engineer to maintain stock of essential spares for assigned cranes, keeping appropriate records, and adhering to company safety regulations and procedures.
Preparing for Drilling Work Over:
Liaises with the Drilling crew with a view to preparing for different phases of drilling work over, this includes arranging tubular, tallying casings, drifting and measuring casings, etc.
Emergency Response Team Leader:
Acts as the Fire Team Leader for all fire-fighting activities on board and as a search and rescue team Leader for evacuating casualties from hazardous areas. as instructed by Barge Engineer.
Rig Moves Assistance:
Assist the Barge Engineer in servicing, checking overload discharges and, securing equipment in preparing the Rig for Rig move.
Assistance with Offloading/ Loading:
- Assists the Rig staff with offloading and loading equipment from the helicopter.
Operate crane to assist the deck crew to receive and backload bulk cement, mud products diesel fuel, fresh water and drill water as directed by the Barge Engineer.
Supervises Drilling Mud Preparation Activities:
Supervises a team of Roustabouts for preparing drilling mud. Activities include, mixing chemicals at mixing hopper, cleaning out mud pits in preparation of preparing mud, etc
Conducts all works activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived to be unsafe
Complies with the company QHSE Management system.
Reports all incidents or near misses to the supervisor/manager or QHSE representatives
- Preparatory (9 years’ education) plus Crane operator’s certificate.
- Basic Knowledge of written and Clear spoken English.
- 5 years’ experience in operations and maintenance of different types of platform Cranes.
- Ability to handle Crane operating machines.
- Physical coordination skills like operating hand levers and foot pedals.
Ability to work under difficult extreme weather conditions like heat and humidity.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
To provide HSE and technical assistance to rig management, ensure compliance with applicable state and international regulations, GDI programs and policies to prevent environmental problems by increasing environmental awareness amongst the GDI workforce. To provide first aid treatment to employees on assigned, vessel or location and assist in giving emergency treatment to crew onboard prior to evacuation for further treatment
- Provides general first aid and medical care to personnel on-board to ensure the level of medical care meets the company standards, this includes dealing with cuts and abrasions, making and changing dressings and giving tetanus injections.
- Maintain stock of first aid and medical supplies as per the GDI’s approved list and initiate necessary requisition orders to replenish such stock.
Ensures that safety equipment stock is at an adequate level and checks that equipment is in order so as not to run out of basic safety equipment needed to do daily task with the backing of PIC (Person in Charge).
Coordinate Treatment of Patients and Communicate with Office:
- Informs / agree with the OHA / Company Doctor on the need for patients to be evacuated to Doha in case of serious illness or bad injury and ensure that the message is conveyed to the relevant departments and ensure that an incoming patient is received by an ambulance and seen by a specialist.
- Ensures that necessary preliminary medical report is available with the patient going to Doha for further treatment.
Reviews the discharge medical report / results of tests in coordination with the Occupational Health Advisor / Company Doctor to ensure that any further medication required is taken by the patient.
Environmental and Legal Requirements:
- Implementation of environmental items to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental laws, standards and regulations of governmental and other regulatory agency.
- Maintains environmental documentation and records as required by regulation to support permit compliance and other requirements.
- Monitors and implements environmental legal requirements/regulation as per his specific MOU.
Ensure that bio-hazard wastes are packaged as per company waste management procedure and relevant documentation filed accordingly.
Training and On-board Safety Induction:
- Participates in presenting employee training programs and advises management on upgrading the training systems regarding Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Conducts safety awareness training/ safety meetings for on-board crew, enforcing and promoting safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with the Training Officer to schedule mandatory training courses.
Conduct on-board HSE induction for all personnel arriving on-board.
Food Preparation Inspection:
- Liaise with catering camp boss on the provision of food and accommodation services on assigned GDI Asset.
- Inspects food preparation and accommodation areas to ensure conformance to established hygiene standards,
- Informs the supervisor of any deviation or problems with quality, quantity and service of food and cleanliness of accommodation and advises on steps to be taken, to ensure that all services are in line with set standards.
- Keep records of catering personnel health certificates and checks condition of food stuff and validity.
Instructs and guides cleaners to ensure cleanliness and good hygiene is maintained always.
- Prepares equipment and documentation for random inspections by GDI and GDI clients when required.
- Conduct site inspections and audits on the Mobile Offshore Unit (MOU/MODU) managing GDI audit schedule.
- Conduct spot checks of work areas and ensures everyone knows the hazards and risk associated with certain tasks that are undertaken on-board.
Monitors employee exposure to occupational hazards and recommend controls.
- Maintains documents and files and prepares required electronic and written weekly, monthly, annual environment reports or other related reports.
- Compile monthly HSE statistics and submit for management review.
Prepares incident & illness reports as per company policy and procedure.
Participates in Investigations
Assist in incident investigation on-board along with other team members constituted by PIC to ensure that required corrective measures are taken and help to ensure reoccurrence is eliminated.
- Coaches GDI employees & 3rd party personnel on safe work practices to enhance safety on-board.
Work hand in hand with supervisors and employees to insure they are working within the guidelines set forth in the IMS. This will be achieved through direct consultation with the PIC and support from direct HSE Supervisor.
Advise to MOU/MODU & Crew:
- Leads the continual improvement process of GDI and applicable client’s HSE programs on-board.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of IMS / HSEMS programs.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of field specific safety and environmental programs and procedures.
Provides information and explains policy and procedures as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine (or equivalent) from a university that is listed in the IMED FAIMER Directory.
- Pass the PROMETRIC exam by Ministry of Public Health-Qatar
- Qualifications in alternative medicine physiotherapy, Homeopathy, Ayruvedic are not acceptable.
- Have attended and be in possession of certificate ACLS (advanced critical life Support) or other similar training as required. However, such training shall be completed in Qatar during probation period.
- The applicant shall be currently registered and licensed within the country of origin
- Basic qualifications for Offshore Rig Doctor
- ALS (Advanced Life Support)
- ITLS (International Trauma Life Support)
Note: ITLS, ILS, AND ALS should be renewed according to the prescribed date of validity (e.g ITLS 4 years validity
- Licensed/eligible to be licensed to practice as doctor by MOPH-QATAR
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience as Doctor including proof of working in an emergency and outpatient hospital set-up.
- At least 3 years’ experience in drilling or work over rigs.
- Emergency care and medication, patient stabilization in case of emergencies,
- Good administrative skills.
- Understand the business area (drilling, work over, well servicing) & familiar with applicable industry guidelines.
- Understand/identify health safety & environmental hazards associated with the business and be strong enough to intervene when it is needed.
- Be familiar with current legislation for MOU/MODU.
- Understand job hazard identification.
- Be a self starter with limited amount of guidance is a must.
- Be familiar with environmental awareness & related programs.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of best oilfield practices & management systems.
- Be familiar with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Basic knowledge of drilling and well servicing is paramount to being effective.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
How to Apply for Gulf Drilling International Careers?
Please apply from the above-listed job vacancies. Send your cv to the above-mentiond email address. You will redirect to the official career website of the employer.
Gulf Drilling International Jobs Benefit & Packages
- Competitive salary
- Mobilization and Repatriation air tickets
- Unaccompanied baggage allowance
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Housing allowance
- The company provided Vehicle or transportation allowance
- Education Assistance for employee’s Childs
- Clubs membership
- Discretionary Performance Bonuses, Gratuity
- Annual paid vacation
- Annual Airfare allowance or Annual Ticket
Rig Based Positions
- Young rig fleet with the option to work on the most technologically advanced rigs in the region
- Highly attractive and competitive Day rates
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Travel Allowance
- Company Provided Accommodation
- Recreation Facilities
- Comfortable work cycles
- Airfare passages assistance during a filed break
- Mobilization and Repatriation air tickets