GDI Qatar Recruitment. Gulf Drilling International Limited (GDI) was established as the first onshore and offshore oil and gas drilling company in Qatar. GDI was formed as a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (QP), Qatar’s national oil corporation, and Japan Drilling Co., Ltd. (JDC). In July 2007, QP acquired 25% shares of JDC, raising its ownership in GDI to 70%. In February of 2008, all shares of QP were transferred to Gulf International Services, q.s.c. (GIS) which became a public shareholding company in May 2008 and is listed on the Doha Securities Market. GDI has invested in infrastructures to support its drilling operations. For example, a central warehouse provides spares and consumables to the rigs, a sizable workshop keeps our repair and maintenance systems up to the OEM and industry standards, and a modern camp facility houses all the onshore crews. GDI also has several cranes and articulated vehicles to assist with rig moves and four (5) water well units that provide services to drill water well for the drilling sites operations.
GDI is a World Class Drilling Company and a market leader in Qatar that focuses on providing safe, efficient & cost effective Drilling, Liftboat and Jack-up Accommodation services.
Location: Doha, Qatar
Organization Name: Operations Offshore
Location: Dukhan, Qatar
Organization Name: GDI – 3
- To manage all aspects of oil operations on assigned drilling rig in order to ensure a smooth, safe and efficient operation
- Overall in-charge and responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all persons onboard and all activities conducted thereon and within 500 meters of the drilling unit
- As such he is fully authorized and obliged to take whatever actions he considers are necessary to prevent injury, loss of life, damage to equipment, structure and/or loss of drilling integrity.
- Manages the rig by establishing goals and objectives (consistent with the Company stated mission) in pursuit of satisfying the requirements of both the client and management.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline preferably Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent supplemented by short training courses in drilling technology, safety measures, life saving and survival at sea.
- Technical Training to at least HND / Diploma level (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Valid OIM Certificate
- Should have VQ – Competence Standard: Managing Offshore Installations – Controlling Emergencies (or equivalent)
- Workplace Assessor D32/D33 (or equivalent), VQ – Internal Verifier D34 (or equivalent), VQ – Supervisory Management – Level 4 (or equivalent)
Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible international offshore experience, usually in a variety of fields and projects locations around the world, including at least 5 years in a supervisory / management position.
How To Apply : Click on the above apply link or send detailed resume to [email protected]