GAC Logistic Jobs Careers Recruitment & Jobs 2020. Gulf Agency Company GAC is a global provider of shipping, logistics and marine services. Emphasising world-class performance, a long-term approach, innovation, ethics and a strong human touch, GAC delivers a flexible and value-adding portfolio to help customers achieve their strategic goals. Our business is about people, and long-term relationships with them. It’s one of the cornerstones of our business philosophy. We value you, whether you’re our customer, our potential client, our partner, our supplier or one of our 9,000 employees at more than 300 offices in 50 countries worldwide.
• Company/Organization: GAC Group (Gulf Agency Company)
• Job Location: U.A.E, UK, Qatar
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Senior Sales Executive
The main purpose of the job is to sell logistics services to existing and target customers. The job exists to: grow profitable revenue and meet specific company objectives by focusing on market penetration, customer retention and organic growth; development and acquisition of a new business; maintain credit-control of credit clients as well as Spot Credit clients, and get market information on projects and competitors to update the database. The job contributes towards achieving the target revenue of the department by creating a profitable relationship with existing clients and bringing in new customers.
- Maintain existing client base and develop new logistics clients.
- Provide a continuous and high standard of service to clients.
- Achieve logistics sales targets both in terms of revenue and volume.
- Prepare and submit accurate revenue reports and deliver within the set time frame.
- Develop and implement sales strategy to grow revenue, select and target prospective customers.
- Execute strategy, tactics and guidelines to build a new client base.
- Resolve customer problems through collaboration with the local management team.
- Record information accurately and resolve the issues promptly.
- Monitor and update credit limits for existing and new clients, issuing Spot Credits and major emphasis on ageing and payments.
- Follow-up on credit control list and ageing list in a timely manner to avoid accounting issues
- Maintain electronic information on prospects and current customer in the ‘GAC Sales’ database
- Update database within set time frame e.g. pricing, volumes, service offerings, key contacts
- Promote self-development and enhance market and competitor knowledge
- Upgrade and refresh personal capabilities through sales and product training.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate within and outside GAC using the English language
- Prioritisation skills – necessary for daily multi-tasking
- Keen attention to details – needed for daily tasks (updating database, writing reports, communication, etc.)
- Selling and influencing skills – ability to convince clients to avail services being promoted
- Presentation skills – necessary for sales visits and important meetings
- Driving License is a must
- Computer knowledge – Basic knowledge of MS Office applications
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role with 1-2 years’ local working experience
Customer Service Manager
GAC Malaysia is seeking a Customer Service Manager to join its freight forwarding team.
To ensure the efficient, effective and economical management and coordination of all activities of Customer Service Representatives to optimise general freight forwarding operations. Build and develop an effective team and ensure key relationships are maintained with lines, agents, associates, customers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all internal records (i.e. opening of job files, timely updating of the list of new operational/customs requirements/job closure/job file filing, etc.) for all project forwarding jobs, ensuring accurate processing and dispatch of job invoices by Customer Service Representatives.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with customers by maintaining a professional, result-driven attitude with the goal of becoming a ‘Trusted Advisor’.
- Maintain regular client contacts with visits together with the respective Customer Service Representative(s)/Business Support.
- Contribute to sales P&L by ensuring a consistently high standard of Customer Service in accordance with all KPIs.
- Preparation and timely submission of strategic reports related to Customer Service Representatives and statistics as required by the company management.
- Minimum requirement Diploma holder
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge Of Customs/Port Documentation and regulations.
- Knowledge of general cargo documentation and import/export procedures.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in freight forwarding services is desirable.
- Ability to form and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment. Software knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).