Etihad Rail DB Jobs & Careers 2019: Etihad Rail DB Operations LLC, the operating partner of Etihad Rail, is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Etihad Rail network. The establishment of Etihad Rail DB is in line with Etihad Rail’s intent – to introduce a UAE-based company that will enable knowledge transfer from international, experienced railway professionals, from DB and elsewhere, to a UAE National workforce, paving the way for Emiratis to be the leading railway professionals of the UAE. The company will operate the UAE’s national railway network, which is a key pillar of UAE Vision 2021 and Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, and in line with plans to diversify the economy and promote social development through a world-class transport infrastructure.
• Company/Organization: Etihad Rail DB
• Job Location: Abu Dhabi | UAE
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Head Welder (Railway)
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- The Head Welder is responsible for executing the welding tasks as a head of the welding team.
- Plans, coordinates and executes the welding tasks at the highest standard to make sure the welding seams are within the approved tolerances
- Executes the welding activities such as:
-Clipping and un-clipping rail
-Use of the rail tensor
-Rail grinding at the welding joint.
-Manual tamping at the welding joint.
-Other general track maintenance activities
- Responsible for the welding equipment and the preparation of preliminary cost estimates and BoQ’s regarding spares, consumables, etc.
- Maintains the welding equipment in accordance with the supplier’s guidelines and specifications
- Supports the operation of the Track Maintenance Senior Manager works scheduling and follow-up service
- Ensures that the welding activities are performed according to the environmental guidelines for the prevention of fires and in a safe manner
- Ensures a safe working environment for all employees and contractors working at site.
Safety and Security Responsibilities
- To comply with elements of the Etihad Rail DB environment, health and safety management system.
- Being aware of the current company policies and procedures and be responsible to protect corporate assets.
- Use corporate resources only for intended purposes as defined by policies and procedures of the Company.
- School Certificate or equivalent
- Welding certificate (Railway)
- Knowledge of Track Geometry and distressing techniques
- Qualified in aluminothermic welding
- Full driving license including Heavy truck
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience in writing reports
Other skills and abilities
- English as first language or advanced level of verbal skill
- Good planning skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
Senior Communications Specialist
The Senior Communications Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Communications internal and external plan, ensuring a smooth and timely delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
· To assist the Senior Marketing and Communication Manager across all relevant functions of the department.
· To track the budget allocated for the Communications department.
· To work closely with all the departments of the company.
· To implement the integrated communications plans based on the external communications objectives and company’s strategy (including Newsletter, website, intranet, emailers, and briefings).
· To contribute and implement internal communications plans reaching out to the employees.
· To contribute and initiate CSR activities as a major part of the communications plan.
· To manage and supervise the appointed Communications and PR agency to ensure that the tactical PR &Communications plan are aligned with the Communications strategy.
· To review press releases and ensure they are published by the PR agency on time and as required
· To manage the finalization and content gathering of the newsletter.
· To coordinate and be part of the Safety Campaign roadshows.
· To continuously update the website and intranet.
· To coordinate the Team Building events in an effort to create a unified culture.
· To coordinate the implementation of the employee Rewards and Recognition Program.
· To act as secretary of certain committees whenever required.
· To coordinate the “Brand identity” development and work closely with the branding agency on the brand development strategy.
. To act as a Brand keeper and always seek to project a positive image of the company.
· Bachelor of Science or Arts from a recognized reputable institution.
· Post graduate qualification in Marketing, Communications or similar from a recognized reputable institution.
- Communications background with a preferable experience with an advertising and or PR agency.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with Government authorities, advertising & media agencies etc. and conduct marketing & communications activities, such as: crisis communications, newsletters, intranet updates, giveaways, employee gatherings, etc.
- Arabic language skills, written and verbal.
- English language skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent presentational skills.
- Experience with website/intranet designing is desirable.
- Knowledge of various types of media, including social media and publishing.
- Knowledge of government regulations for the transport industry.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and public relations techniques.