Damas Jewellery Jobs Careers in Dubai. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Damas Jewellery is the leading jeweler in the Middle East with its foundation dating back to 1907. Today, it operates 300 stores across the GCC and employs more than 2000 people. Over 40 prestigious international brands are part of Damas Jewellery’ varied portfolio alongside its own branded in house collections, offering customers a wide range of designs suited to all occasions.
• Company/Organization: Damas Jewellery
• Job Location: Dubai, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
The holder of this role will be required to work full time, from Sunday to Thursday for a period of 6 months.
- The Photographer’s job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving sorted merchandise
- Photographing and editing photos
- Storing photos on a SD card and saving the photos for the Listers
- Maintaining quality control to assure professional photography
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Following all Loss Prevention guidelines and safety/security measures
- Complying with company and departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned, including cross training in other aspects of the e-Commerce operation
- High School or GED preferred
- Requires some experience taking professional quality photographs
- Prefer familiarity with using digital cameras and other related equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement with respect to arranging, displaying and lighting an object in order to capture a clear, attractive and effective photographic image
- Able to maintain positive relationships with coworkers and management and work well in a team environment
- Must be flexible and willing to learn
- Must have basic computer skills including web browsing
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Talent Development Manager
To plan and implement strategies that will develop and retain high-performing employees and promote the values of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement employee engagement strategies.
- Design employee development programs (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management)
- Create career paths by identifying high potential individuals, determine work abilities, and professional support needed to engage and retain new talent.
- Developing internal people with the potential to fill key business leadership positions in the company.
- Conduct talent assessments to fill key skill gaps and identify retention risks by understanding employee learning needs and competencies.
- Measure and analyze overall training effectiveness to improve employee abilities and strengthen the skill set of existing workforce.
- Work on succession plans and identifying talent gaps
- Organize quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Recruitment of Mid to senior level positions.
- Proven experience in Talent Management
- Passion for developing employees
- Hands-on experience in implementing learning and development programs
- Experience with performance management procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Master’s in human resources or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. CIPD or SPHR) is a plus
- Instructional development
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- planning and organizational skills
Damas Jewelry is looking for a highly-motivated Product/Jewelry Retoucher to join the creative team. You will be working closely with our photographer and Design Director to ensure streamlined workflow, quality, color and style consistency through the brand’s imagery. You will support the creative team and lead the retouching workload maintaining exceptional standards.
All applicants must provide a portfolio that demonstrates technical proficiency in retouching, masking, compositing and color correcting using Mac OS X, Photoshop and Wacom Tablet. You should also be prepared to take a retouching test.
· Ability to mask complicated products.
· Good eye to keep consistent color, scale and aesthetic by following a pre-determined style guide
· File organization and image exporting
· Previous experience in retouching jewelry and gem stones.
· Previous experience in e-commerce.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Must have at least 4 years of combined experience in retouching/photo assisting of high-end jewelry / Ecommerce / still life / beauty photography.
· Visual arts / Photography related degree or previous relevant experience in working a fast-paced studio environment.
· Proven ability to work within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Proactive and detail oriented.
· Nimble, curious and open-minded.
· Excellent time and project management skills.
· Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Photo and video experience is a plus.
· Knowledge in Capture One software, Helicon Focus, Phase One Medium Format System is a plus.
Apply only if you are interested in a 6 months nonrenewable contract.