Borouge Careers & Jobs 2021. Borouge is a leading provider of innovative, value creating plastics solutions. A joint venture between the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), one of the world’s major oil and gas companies, and Austria based Borealis, we are a leading provider of chemical and innovative plastics solutions. Borouge is a groundbreaking at the forefront of the next generation of plastics innovation. With headquarters in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Singapore, Borouge employs more than 3,000 people with over 50 nationalities, serving customers in more than 50 countries across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
• Company/Organization: Borouge | Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd
• Job Location: U.A.E, Singapore, China & Indonesia
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Sr./ Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management
UAE – Abu Dhabi
The jobholder is responsible for supporting the Manager, Enterprise Risk and Business Continuity, which includes but is not limited to: executing risk management reviews , reporting and facilitating risk workshops, establishing risk mitigation plans together with risk owners and functional risk champions as well as on corporate level tracking, analyzing and reporting the enterprise risk exposure.
Furthermore, the jobholder is required to support business continuity efforts of Borouge by planning and participating business continuity exercises, maintaining and updating business impact analyses together with process owners.
General & Strategic
- To assist the Department Manager in developing and updating standard instructional documents / procedures for the Department and ensure effective discharge of Department’s functions
- To assist Department Manager in developing, organizing and following document control mechanism for the department
- Develop training/ workshop material to assist the Department Manager in conducting trainings and workshops across the organization on various topics relevant for risk assessment and business continuity
- Support the manager in providing risk management inputs about future potential projects
- Answer simple questions from stakeholders about the risk management and business continuity guidelines or specific risks and mitigation plans
- Report, to the manager, risk management and business continuity activities, critical issues, changes in risks and the progress on mitigation activities
Planning & Preparation
- To assist the Department Manager in developing annual Risk management and business continuity review schedule.
- Develops the objective, scope and approach for assigned risk management and business continuity reviews and get it reviewed / approved from Risk manager.
- Prepare the risk management/ business continuity and controls testing programs and checklists.
- Gathers and complies with the requirements of professional standards in identifying risks and determining risk ratings.
- Demonstrate self-drive and seek orientations on work areas requiring more clarity.
- Prepare agendas/presentations and record minutes and decisions of meetings between the risk management and business continuity manager and the department/ function management
- Review timelines, actions and ownership assignments and participate in other actions, as required, to support the process of developing mitigation plans in respective region
Execution of Risk Assurance Management Review
- Support risk champions on Identifying risks resulting from design deficiencies in processes / controls and ensure that they are adequately reported.
- Prepares detailed work-papers of risk management reviews to ensure that evidence has been well documented.
- Support risk champions on Create/ update the risk register and track adherence to standards and process in respective region.
- Collate risks from each department/ function in respective region.
- Support the manager in guiding the process and providing inputs to the categorization and prioritization of risks based on severity and occurrence (risk assessment matrix, etc.)
- Obtains analyses and formulates an objective and independent opinion on the risks, their likelihood and adequacy and effectiveness of mitigating controls.
- Track activities and ownership assignments in mitigation plans and ensure adherence to guidelines in respective region.
- Review / assist implementation of management action plans & verify effective closure of the same.
- Prepare and conduct trainings/awareness for Risk Champions/ Borouge employee on Risk Management Methodology
- Prepare and conduct workshop with Risk Champions of functions / project teams
Execute Business Continuity
- Implement business continuity program, especially by conducting BC exercises, Business Impact Analysis review and ensure Business Continuity Plan review
- Support the development and maintain the BCM programme that addresses BC planning, BC management, BC response and BC recovery processes
- Prepare and conduct trainings/awareness for Business Continuity Champions/Borouge employee on Business Continuity Program
- Prepare and support the manager in the annual review of the BCM programme with the senior management
- Establish and maintain the BC lessons learned process for continual improvement and reporting to business continuity manager
- Review the results of all audits and functional self-assessments and ensure that the BCMS and any relevant standards are being conformed to and complied with
- Participate and contribute by Informing the business continuity manager of any new or changing requirements for BCM, such as new or evolving Codes of Practice at ADNOC and international standards
Risk and business continuity Reviews & Reporting
- Provide reports on a regular basis and as directed or requested by Department Manager to update the information on progress of Risk management to business continuity reviews
- Ensure that as per the departments’ requirements a periodic structured reporting of key risks, risk ratings, mitigation plans, and status of mitigation plans is done.
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of formal written risk management reports
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of formal written business continuity exercises / lesson learn reporting
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of risk universe dashboard
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of business continuity dashboard
As a successful candidate you will have:
- University degree in Business Administration. Risk Management, or any relevant discipline
- Knowledge in the operational areas, policies and procedures of the organization
- Oil & gas industry experience is desired
- Fluency in English Language; written and oral
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of total experience in Risk Management
- Well-established computer skills in office productivity software such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to create collaborative business relationships
- Ability to interact with critical business unit managers and executives regarding recovery plans, strategies, and progress towards recovery goals, contingency plans, and planning activities.
- Risk Management Certification
- Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute CBCI
Senior / Internal Auditor
Reporting to Manager, Internal Audit, you are responsible to execute or assist in execution of assigned areas of Internal Audit Plan for Borouge in order to ensure that internal control system for integrity and reliability of financial, operational and information technology is implemented and working efficiently and effectively. You are also required to make effective recommendations for corrective actions as required, working with high ethical standards.
- Survey functions and activities, in assigned areas, to determine the nature of the operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives including the efficiency with which resources are employed and to identify profit and / or cost-effective improvements
- Plan or assist in the planning of the theory and scope of the audit and prepares the audit program and / or Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) after coordination, as required, with Consultants
- Determine the objectives and approach of the proposed audit effort
- Determine the auditing procedures to be utilized, including the use of Information Systems audit techniques, statistical sampling or other
- Identify high risk areas and key control points of the system to be reviewed
- Evaluate the system’s effectiveness based upon his business and audit experience and adjusts, if necessary, the scope of the review
- Perform or assist in performing the audits in accordance with the approved audit program and professional standards
- Prepare working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment and the results of the audit examination
- Obtain, analyze and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities reviewed
- Prepare and / or participate in oral or written presentations to financial/operating personnel and/or management, as appropriate, during and at the conclusions of examination, establishing the correctness of observations / conclusions, discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective action to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Prepare and / or assist in the preparation of formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out
- Subsequently, appraise or assist in the appraisal of the adequacy of the corrective actions taken
- Participate in conducting special reviews as directed by the VP – CAAF
- College Degree with a Major in Accounting. Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA is preferable
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years of relevant experience preferably in the oil and gas or related industries or with International Audit Firm in a computer environment
- Auditing skills in reviewing deficiencies and persuasion in recommending corrective actions
- Working knowledge of English desirable
By applying for this job posting, I understand and acknowledge the following required HR criteria:
- I understand the job scope and meet the requirement for this role.
- I have been in my current role for at least 2 years and did not receive any disciplinary warnings for the past 12 months.
- My performance for the past year was “Solid Performer” or above.
I understand that information relating to the above criteria and provided in this application would be shared with the interview panel as part of the HR interview process requirement.
With this application, I also understand, acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, transfer (including offshore transfer), processing, disclosure and erasure of my personal data in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in, this statement and the Data Protection Notice for Employees. I also understand that giving or withdrawing this consent does not affect any of the terms and conditions of my contract of employment or services contract.
Senior / Specialist, Credit Operation
- Implement and maintain global credit operation framework (procedure and methodology)
- Support strategy to balance credit operation and business opportunity and growth for the region
- Business partnering with sales, marketing, customer service and other functions
- Seek continual improvements in competency of credit operation and industry knowledge
- Maintain high efficiency in credit control and collection
- Support renewal of credit insurance program
- Participate in the cross function credit risk management project team to implement credit risk management across the company
- Act as a focal point of credit analysis team, regional sales and customer service teams to ensure efficient credit operation for sales execution
- Review customers’ incoming orders to insure the integrity of accounts receivable
- Timely response to credit release request
- Escalate to relevant stakeholder to resolve credit block
- Ensure credit release is according to Credit Procedure and DOA
- Train and engage stakeholder for compliance of Credit Procedure
- Engage regional sales and customer service teams with credit control and collection issues through Regional Credit Watch Committee
- Promote continuous improvement of system, credit procedure and internal control
- Coordinate the bank relationship in support of optimal trade finance services
- Proactively engage in timely and accurate collection of accounts receivable to achieve Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Days overdue outstanding (DOO) and other performance based metrics
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly accounts receivable
- Review payment performance and follow up of overdue amount with sales, customer service and customer directly
- Monitor and follow up on daily assessment of customer overdue
- Update and provide comments on weekly overdue action plan
- Negotiate repayment schedule
- Manage overdue notification/claim with credit insurance companies
- Keep management informed of any significant delinquency
- Initiate legal litigation/arbitration (supported by legal department)
- Provide A/R cash forecast to Treasury and Accounting teams
- Work directly with external lawyer (supported by legal department), bank and bankruptcy administration committee to collect Borouge PTE overdue receivables
- Support regional sales, customer service, and accounting teams, across Borouge PTE to ensure timely and efficient cash collection/posting and problem resolution
- Work in partnership with other region Credit teams to exchange information, best practices, standardize and harmonize procedure
- University degree in Credit Risk Management/ Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Business or related discipline
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Can be fresh university graduate or credit control and collection experience not more than 2 years
- Experience from the chemicals/petrochemicals industry is preferred but not a requirement
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Good skills in Excel and PowerPoint slides
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
Senior / Engineer, System
Reporting to Team Leader, IT Infrastructure, Asia South, you will be responsible to provide efficient and customer oriented specialized level-2 IT technical support for major infrastructure related incidents, requests and problems by providing effective resolutions to guarantee the reliability and availability of IT systems and services to maintain the smooth business operations and minimal downtime.
- Perform second line support for incidents, requests and problems via phone calls, emails, remote and in-person support.
- Need to also provide first line of support as well as support in those areas requested directed by the manager.
- Ensure incidents are resolved completely with accurate resolution so that the repeat incidents are minimized.
- Fix problems reported for IT systems from the client support team by performing root cause analysis thereby providing a permanent solution.
- Coordinate with registered third party suppliers for the timely resolution of complex incidents and problems reported by first line of support.
- Monitor timely to provide the agreed level of availability for IT services and systems by conducting the periodic monitoring of IT services to fix major incidents and problems within the agreed target response time.
- Identify new IT technologies related to information systems as per business strategy with technical justifications and propose its feasibility and implementation with initial cost estimates for adoption.
- Liaise effectively with customers to ensure service meets required standards and expectations and all user related incidents and problems are addressed rightly.
- Draft and subsequently maintain software and hardware installation standards/Procedures to be implemented organisation wide.
- Produce all required and necessary documentations related to the day to day support of Systems like Sys architecture diagrams, support manuals etc. on a timely manner to the team leader.
- Examine the likelihood of possible security risks that can hamper the Borouge systems and to formulate appropriate remedial action to the chances of these risks.
- Check all related activities to ensure effective implementation of the technology by liaising with other internal functions to ensure any changes to requirements are addressed and performed within timelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of IT projects specific to IT Infrastructure with the IT projects department; This includes scope of work, tender documents, bid evaluation, engineering, construction and commissioning.
- Collate relevant information for the generation of specific infrastructure related performance and availability reports of IT Systems within specified timeframe for the management in aid in their decision making and control processes.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Minimum Experiences, Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in Information Technology, preferably in MNCs, in the area of IT systems supporting active directory, servers, exchange etc
- Certifications like MCITP, MCTS, MS Exchange server is recommended
- Awareness on ITIL processes like Incident management and problem management is a must
- ITIL V3 foundation certification is mandatory
- Good knowledge of hardware and software, and latest developments in IT infrastructure, trends and services
- Updated knowledge of the latest Microsoft collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer, Stream etc
- Hands-on experience with Windows Operating System (Windows 10) and Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office 2013/2016,
- Good understanding in installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Knowledge in Networks, Telecom, Data center, Back-up solutions etc
- Awareness on high end technical problem solving methods like Six Sigma, Ishikawa etc
- Understanding of oil and gas industry operations
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, customer oriented and ability to provide step-by-step technical assistance in both written and verbal English