Bahrain Airport Careers & Jobs 2021 | Bahrain International Airport Jobs. Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) has been successfully managing and operating the Bahrain International Airport since 2008. Through the provision of world-class Facilities, operational and commercial excellence, BAC has been attracting and supporting airlines, delivering great passenger and cargo services. With a clear vision of sustaining and building Bahrain International Airport’s Position as an attractive hub for airlines and passengers alike BAC spearheads towards the future connecting Bahrain to the rest of the world. When you work with us, you join a team of dedicated professionals who are focused on getting the job done. Our teams are experienced, energetic, open to sharing knowledge and committed to doing great work.
• Company/Organization: Bahrain Airport Company (BAC)
• Job Location: Bahrain
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
• Responsible for all land survey work in airside and landside, operate Auto CAD to prepare all drawings and do supervision of survey related works.
• Work with surveying equipment like GPS, Total station for surveying areas and fixing coordinates, finding, marking levels and making drawings in AutoCAD.
• Search survey records, drawings and other records to obtain information related to survey work.
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Supervise & monitor work progress on site to assure quality and compliance with the Airport Health & Safety requirements for both in-house and out-sourced teams on site.
• Prepare necessary project documentation and data collection before and during project execution and after project completion as per the Project Manager Instructions. This should allow for proper project planning, follow-up, archiving and closure.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Diploma in Civil Engineering / ITI in Surveying or equivalent.
• At least 5 years work experience in a similar position, preferably in the field of Facility Management, infrastructure project and/or Airport.
Job Specific Skills:
• Certificate course in AUTOCAD, preferred.
FOR BAHRAINI NATIONALS ONLY
To lead BJFCO. BJFCO is responsible for development, operation and maintenance of the new aviation fuel farm and fuel hydrant system at Bahrain International Airport. The operation of the new fuel farm and associated fuel hydrant system, will be operated by a third party under contract to BJFCO.
The General Manager (“GM”) is responsible for the success of BJFCO, accomplishment of its mission and vision, for its management and day to day operations. The GM shall carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the board of directors of BJFCO (“Board”).
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the GM are broadly defined as under:
1. Mission, policy and planning:
• Develops values, mission and vision, short term and long-term goals.
• Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them, proposes those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its Committee’s (if any) for its discussions and deliberations.
• Keeps the Board informed of all major developments from time to time.
2. Management and Administration:
• General oversight of all activities, managing day to day operations and assuring a smooth functioning and efficient organization.
• Coordination with the Airport Operator and Fuel Farm Operator on all matters relevant to and which might impact the operations of the airport vis-à-vis the Fuel Farm and Hydrant System operations.
• Participation in airport emergency drills.
• Development of a Company Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Plans.
• Development and implementation of standards and controls, policies and procedures and regular revaluation for effective functioning.
• Manpower planning, recruitment, development, motivating, retaining and evaluating staff.
• Identification of accountabilities for management personnel and evaluating performance regularly.
• Management of the Operations and Maintenance Contract.
• Management of Shared Services Support Contract.
• Conformity with JIG guidelines and familiar with HSSE reporting and auditing.
• Obtaining Board approval of annual Opex, actual revenues and investments budgets.
• Regular review of company’s financial performance and ensuring ongoing control of expenses within the approved budget.
• Review with external auditors for endorsement of year-end financial statements.
• Review with board for recommendation of appointment of external auditors.
• Review, guidance and directions to the board on major internal and external audit issues.
• Review with board all legal cases related to BAC Jet Fuel company’s business activities.
• Review the Company’s financial model on annual basis and inform the Board of Directors of any major changes.
• Sourcing and arranging of funds well within time, so that operations or projects are not adversely affected.
• Ensuring that the terms and conditions of any shareholder or third-party financings are complied with and are on time.
• Brief the Board of Directors on a monthly basis of the Company’s financial performance and position.
4. Project Management:
• Completion of the new fuel farm and fuel hydrant system project, commissioning of the same and successful handover to the proposed operator within the agreed time schedule.
• Obtaining all statutory and regulatory approvals and compliance with all requirements.
• Managing the Company’s capital investment program.
• Administer, manage and supervise any specific project requirements recommended and approved by the Board.
• Working with the Chairman and the Board, enabling the Board to fulfil its governance function and adhering to the requirements of the Commercial Companies Law.
• Ensuring finance and safety audits are carried out regularly and the findings presented to the Board.
• Ensuring the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• Conducting the Company business in accordance with approved policies, procedures and delegated authorities.
The GM should demonstrate the following critical competencies:
• Commitment to Results: The GM should be customer focused, goal driven, action oriented and innovative. The GM translates broad goals into achievable steps. Anticipates and solves problems, takes initiatives and is a team player.
• Business Savvy: The GM should have knowledge of the areas of human resources, finance, planning, evaluation and governance.
• Leading Change: The GM should be capable of dealing effectively with demanding situations and to design and implement interventions where necessary. Should be a leader with an ability to develop people and teams.
• Motivational: The GM should manage continuity, change and transition. Should know how to influence and enable others.
• Building collaborative partnerships: The GM should interact with the operator and the various stake holders to ensure timely completion and takeover of the project and to ensure a safe and customer friendly operation moving forward.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• The candidate should be a graduate in Engineering and preferably a Master in Business Administration.
• Age – Not more than 50 years as on 1 October 2020
• Minimum (20) twenty years in a supervisory function, with suitable experience in:
A. Engineering and project management including experience in handling a petroleum installation, preferably aviation facilities.
B. Conversant with the relevant JIG guidelines and familiar with HSSE reporting and auditing.
C. Adequate knowledge of safety and firefighting systems in petroleum installations.
D. Management and administration of operational procedures, contract, policy and regulations.
To ensure operations and maintenance of BAC’s entire landscaping asset in accordance to best industry
practices and comply with overall architectural landscape ambiance of the BIA sites and buildings through
planning, coordination and overseeing of landscape maintenance; design and propose beautification of
existing landscape and implement approved designs and projects; monitor health and wellbeing of plants;
irrigation assets; implement landscape maintenance strategies for achievement of LEED
• Ensure checking of daily, weekly and monthly schedules of periodic, corrective and preventative
landscape works and inspect that they are executed as per agreed plan and to the desired quality
• Monitor, correct and report, within the framework of scope of services, inconsistency in the
landscape contractor performance or behaviour or escalate to the soft services Manager in case of
major issues and contractual matters.
• Maintain health and safety compliance by the service provider/landscaping contractor through
H&S planning, policy implementation and work control process.
• Carry out performance outcome audit of service level delivery in line with agreed contract SLA and
• Where applicable and required, design and propose models of new or landscape modification plans
and submit proposals to Management for approval, project-manage approved landscape plans.
• Evaluate landscape asset conditions, damages to contours, hardscape, plants or systems due to
accident or natural factors; and prepare and implement rectification plan to restore the landscape to
• Through coordination and consultation with concerned sections or departments, facilitate
productive work condition to the contractors such as securing permissions, paperwork processing
and site clearance etc.
• Evaluate and prepare monthly contractor’s performance assessment report to the management.
• Review plans, process and procedures and where necessary advise and propose improvement in
SOPs, Scope of works for new RFPs, and processes with respect to landscape maintenance and
• Formulate and propose section’s budget plan, Control and optimize department resources and
their productivity potential.
• Ensure the landscape operations is implemented inline with the principles, methodologies and
procedures laid in applicable LEED O&M certification for existing building requirements.
• Consults in adherence to the landscape contract scope, specification and SLA, KPI and deliverables by
landscaping contractor in line with the contract agreement.
• The position holder is required to operate mostly on external areas and often harsh weather
condition and shall be physically demanding work setting.
• Work under competing pressure of time and frequency of issues and priority levels.
• Engage with contractor staff and coordination with other departments.
• Working on high risk to health and safety workplace mainly associated with working at height, high
traffic roadsides, operating of power tools, sharp/cutting equipment and pest and pesticide
• Work will generally be performed on a fixed day shift, however landscape engineer required to
attend out of regular working hours to monitor and assess, and oversee incidental related works,
projects and other ad-hoc situations.
• Work strictly in highly secured and regulated workplace with strict framework of regulations,
procedures and demanding quality requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscaping Architecture or Landscape Maintenance or Agriculture/Horticulture
• Minimum 5 years working experience in major landscape project as landscape engineer or project
Manager with Landscape Architecture or Landscape Engineering degree; 10 years of working experience if possessing an Agriculture/horticulture degree.
• The experience shall be in large landscape flagship development project, public parks projects in
Bahrain or GCC regions.
Job Specific Skills:
• Computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point
• Advance ability to operate and design sketches, plans and models in CAD applications
• Man-management and Contractor performance management
• Irrigations systems planning and maintenance
• Indoor and outdoor feature designs; Cultural aspects in landscaping
• Sustainability and LEED requirements
• Integrated pest management systems
• Climate adoptability and selection of sustainable variety for Bahrain
• Managing workplace safety and occupational health
• Writing process, procedures and proposals and reports and presentation skills.
• Train the trainer and interpersonal communicator
For Bahraini Nationals Only