Aldar Properties Jobs & Careers 2020: Aldar Properties PJSC, is the leading real estate developer in Abu Dhabi, and through its iconic developments, it is one of the most well known in the United Arab Emirates, and wider Middle East region. From its beginnings in 2005 through to today, Aldar continues to shape and enhance the urban fabric of the UAE’s Capital City in addition to other key areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Aldar develops exciting and innovative projects, such as the internationally recognized HQ building situated in the Al Raha Beach development, the Gate Towers in Shams Abu Dhabi on Al Reem Island, in addition to Yas Island’s F1 circuit.
• Company/Organization: Aldar Properties
• Job Location: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Associate – Corporate and Asset Management Tendering
§Assist in the development and implementation of all procurement & tendering and related activities across Aldar Corporate and Asset Management (Residential, Commercial, Retail, Hospitality & Leisure and Academies Business Units)§Assist in the end-to-end tendering process, from RFP development/ review till the appointment of consultant or contractor for AM and Corporate functions.
§Review all non-project procurement transactions and ensure compliance with Aldar DOA.§Recommend and develop tender-related scope templates (consultants and contractors) and associated documentation to ensure their compliance with Laws, regulations, Policy & Procedures, prevailing market requirements and lesson learnt.§Identify corrective actions on procurement process when required to enhance the its performance (reduction of time / cost).§Identifying, managing, and delivering commercially favorable contracts and cost savings opportunities associated with vendor agreements.§Identify optimal value for all spend across the Asset MGT Business Units (Residential, Commercial, Retail, Hospitality & Leisure and Academies) by using best practices, professional tools and techniques.§Ensure all vendors are providing cost effective value added services; periodically reviewing and evaluating all contracts.
§Assist in managing the tendering process from planning & prequalification until award, ensure it is implemented as per the procurement policy and procedures§Identify saving and synergies strategies against approved budgets and transactions.§Source competitive suppliers as per ALDAR standards§Assist in the negotiation with vendors and suppliers to get the best techno-commercial values.§Support (when necessary) the technical evaluation done by users.§Validate the final award recommendation process.§Ensure all products and services are delivered on time and within RFP specifications.§Supervise the procurement process and liaise between external vendors and internal Departments§Cross functional responsibilities with finance payment process, ERP system enhancement, legal review and audit recommendations.§Assist in vendors Management process and vender performance review through periodic assessment to ensure quality suppliers.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, PMP certification preferred
- Professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CIPs) is preferred.
Assistant Vice President – Worker’s Welfare Policy ((UAE National Only)
- Develop and manage the implementation of worker welfare practices, control program and standards in prequalification, tendering and monitoring to companies engaged by Aldar.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing worker welfare needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine the applicability of worker welfare controls in prequalification, tendering and monitoring to companies engaged by Aldar.
- Assess trends presented in monthly reports and determine remedial actions.
- Conduct risk assessments of level one employers at tendering and of level two employers at the onboarding stage of a project; as well as monitoring activities, including worker interviews and corporate office visits.
- Assess completed risk assessments and monitoring activity reports to assign appropriate risk ratings.
- Decide whether risk assessments are altered based on continued monitoring findings and close-outs.
- Maintain oversight of the non-conformances logged and the corresponding timelines for close-outs
- Develop improvement plans to downgrade the risk rating of monitored companies and highlight companies that require an elevation in risk rating.
- Report on a monthly basis the trends identified in the data gathered through monitoring.
- Maintain a record of grievances received through the hotline and suggest remedial action to be taken by the appropriate project managers.
- Maintain a log of non-conformances identified and close-out.
- Be the first point of contact for grievances received through the hotline, escalating issues as appropriate.
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Min of: 8+ years of related experience in worker welfare function.
- Bachelor degree in Sustainability, Procurement or related field