Al Ghurair Investment careers & Jobs Recruitment 2020. Al Ghurair Investment is a diversified industrial group with a presence in more than 20 countries on four continents. Our core focus is on Foods, Construction, Resources and Properties with additional sector participation in Retail, Printing, Energy and Education. Whichever career path presents itself, you will be joining one of the largest diversified industrial groups in the Middle East; one built on the time-honored values of honesty, integrity and respect. Whatever your qualifications now, or the skills you will later develop, these core values you must share with us from the very outset. We believe that good work is more likely to be achieved in a good working environment and that the wellbeing and performance of team members cannot be separated from each other.
• Company/Organization: Al Ghurair Investment
• Job Location: Dubai, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Senior Quantity Surveyor
To control/manage the cost of a project in an effective manner, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Review and recommendation of all Commercial Tasks, including change order management process such as Interim Payment Application, Interim Payment Certification and Variation Orders
- Identifying 100% cost saving and alternative options across all projects;
- Assisting the Manager – Contracts in the preparation of claims, warranty and work progress log for all projects;
- Supply chain management such as review and recommendation of Main Contract/subcontract tenders, tender analysis, comparative statements, finalization for contract award;
- Day to day project administration support in terms of quantity surveying practices for all projects including Interim Payments, Statement at Completion/final account review and assessment of Variation Order recommendation and subsequent approval or rejection within a reasonable time frame in order to comply with stipulated contractual time frames;
- Preparation of letters and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of project correspondences;
- To follow up with Project appointed Cost Consultants and Lead Consultants for their review and timely evaluation of variation requests submitted by the Main Contractor;
- Ensure that business commercial processes are always adhered to at project level; and
- Preparation of project anticipated cost reports.
- Take off quantities, preparing and/or review of bills of quantities, prepare projects’ estimates and budgets.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable;
- Monitor all commercial information such as anticipated variations, variation orders, nomination for prime cost items and provisional sums in relation to each project;
- Supply all relevant information to the Manager – Contracts for review at the specified intervals;
- Assist the Manager – Contracts with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time; and
- Ability to measure and achieve targets and objectives.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline;
- MRICS or membership of other recognized relevant professional body;
- Commercially astute, numerate and able to accurately forecast cost;
- Attention to detail including ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment including adaptable approach to work including prioritizing workloads and delivering deadlines;
- Good IT skills;
- Experience providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services;
Head – Spare Parts Trading
As a Head – Spare Parts Trading in UAE, you will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative sales and marketing strategies to achieve company goals in a highly competitive business environment and ensuring high market share by maximizing sales through local & export sales team. Identifying new markets, expansion of product lines and evolving innovative sales and marketing tools will be crucial.
Sales and Marketing Management
1) To ensure maximum efficiency & profitability of the spare parts business unit whilst operating within recognized procedures and policy with a primary focus on serving customers from Toyota & Lexus brands spare parts business globally.
2) Setting up appropriate commercial terms to customers/dealers including discounts, payments term and initiate Internet marketing plan for parts business.
3) Ensuring adherence to customer relations management and customer database management .
4) Identifying untapped potential markets through market surveys and customer feedback with the objective of increasing the spread of parts availability .
5) Participating in trade exhibitions/shows and travel to visit clients.
Procurement and Supplier Management
1) Creating and implementing best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
2) Developing, implementing and maintaining a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance.
3) Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level.
1) Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice warehouse vision, strategy, policies, process and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
2) Implementation of new systems and ideas to ensure faster, accurate on time distribution of parts to all customers.
1) Providing leadership and coaching to the team to ensure they are trained effectively and enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
2) Setting department objectives and monitoring ongoing process and performance
3) Ensuring strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and to implement change and improvements.
1) Developing and maintaining strong relationship with internal and external departments to ensure optimal performance.
2) Evaluating the challenges faced by the business and act to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
Education, Experience and Skills
1) Bachelor/master’s degree in business management or other area of study
2) 20+ Years of experience, includes 10+ years in GCC in the automotive business