Al Ghurair Investment careers & Jobs Recruitment 2019: Al Ghurair Investment is a diversified industrial group with a presence in more than 20 countries on four continents. Our core focus is on Foods, Construction, Resources and Properties with additional sector participation in Retail, Printing, Energy and Education. Whichever career path presents itself, you will be joining one of the largest diversified industrial groups in the Middle East; one built on the time-honored values of honesty, integrity and respect. Whatever your qualifications now, or the skills you will later develop, these core values you must share with us from the very outset. We believe that good work is more likely to be achieved in a good working environment and that the wellbeing and performance of team members cannot be separated from each other.
• Company/Organization: Al Ghurair Investment
• Job Location: Dubai, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Assistant Manager – Finance
1. Ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with accounting principles and company policy for accurate and timely closing of books in ERP.
2. Analysing data and MIS reports in order to meet reporting requirements on a timely basis.
3. Assisting Head of Finance in monitoring receivables and payable accounts to ensure efficient utilization and timely availability of funds to meet the business requirements.
4. Assisting in preparation and consolidation of budgets for accurate and timely submission of business plan.
5. Assisting the Head of Finance in designing and implementation of internal controls related to AR/AP/Inventories to ensure compliance with the company policy and procedures.
6. Compiling data and preparing reports to meet the external and internal audit requirements.
7. Ensuring accurate valuation and recording of inventory purchases in order to generate accurate management reports on inventories.
8. Supervising and reviewing the work of accountants and providing them guidance and advice on day to day operational issues.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Chartered Accountant Or Bachelor’s Degree holder in Commerce
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Experience in Government contracts and tender applications
- Leadership skills , Analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of systems like ISO 9001 , ISO 14298, ISO 27001 , ISO 14001 ,OSHAS- 18001 , and their requirements.
To manage all the insurance activities and tasks for AGP BU and act as subject matter expert in all insurance related areas including keeping track of insurance policies performance, claims and profitability and Maintain and manage all claims and follow up on collections. (outside of group employee medical cover)
1. Maintain and manage a comprehensive insurance register (with Finance)
2. Prepare for the insurance policies renewal, including the history and the identification of assets’ values for insurance purposes (replacement value).
3. Prepare a comprehensive “Brief” for insurance companies and brokers to sources the best insurance coverage at the best possible rates.
4. Keep track of insurance policies performance, claims and profitability.
5. Maintain and manage all claims and follow up on collections.
6. Advise the management on insurance related risk and maintain a comprehensive risk register.
7. Negotiate with insurance providers to reduce the cost and improve the coverage
8. Work with all departments to identify their insurance needs and to source the right insurance coverage at the right cost.
9. Be involved and lead any litigations with 3rd parties with the relevant departments.
10. Provide Cost-Risk analysis covering any uninsured assets and provide clear recommendations to top management to needed actions.
11. Apply own full understanding of insurance terms and conditions and terminology to avoid weakness and loopholes that may lead to losses.
12. Run periodical risk analysis on all asset classes owned by the company to insure sufficient coverage and valid policies are in place, and recommend action plans.
13. Responsible for resolving any disputes and discrepancies related to utilization, premiums and claims.
14. Review all insurance policies’ terms & conditions, coverage, cost, etc.
15. Understand current market trends and offerings around
Experience and Essential Skills:
- Typically requires 10-12 years experience in the insurance field as an individual contributor and of 3-4 years in supervisory post (may be required).
- Extensive knowledge of department processes (policies and SOP)
- Full understanding of the industry concepts, terms, best preactice
- Good analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Confident and Organized
- Ability to make own decisions