ADGM Abu Dhabi Jobs & Careers 2020. Abu Dhabi Global Market is an award-winning International Financial Centre strategically located in the Capital of the United Arab Emirates. Established by UAE Federal Decree, ADGM’s jurisdiction extends across the entire 114 hectares of Al Maryah Island. ADGM’s three independent authorities – the Registration Authority (RA), the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) and ADGM Courts – together ensure that its business-friendly environment operates in line with international best practices, recognised by major financial centres worldwide. Since opening for business in late October 2015, ADGM quickly gained global recognition for its robust, progressive and responsive business-friendly ecosystem. Through collaboration and by focusing on understanding business needs, ADGM introduced many ‘firsts’ both regionally and globally. As a catalyst of growth, ADGM delivers value to its clients and its peers, and contributes to Abu Dhabi’s ambitious growth plan and strategy.
• Company/Organization: Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)
• Job Location: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
• Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 Years
Manager – Monitoring (Economic Substance)
- Support in the development and delivery of the RA economic substance monitoring strategy and framework.
- Manage the structured and consistent execution of the economic substance monitoring framework, including to identify, assess, report on and respond to ADGM firms subject to the UAE’s Economic Substance Regulations.
- Implement a risk based approach to monitoring economic substance requirements.
- Carry out monitoring activities, including outreach, education, desk based reviews and on-site asessments.
- Collect, collate, review, assess and log annual notifications and economic substance filings from ADGM firms.
- Set, track and follow up on reminders to firms related to filings, correcting non-compliance, fines and other M&E operations.
- Deliver appropriate and timely monitoring assessments and recommendations to the Section Head, Monitoring.
- Work closely with the RA Enforcement Section on matters that may require regulatory action concerning economic substance non-compliance.
- Work closely with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority concerning financial services firms subject to economic substance requirements.
- Assist in managing relationships with external stakeholders, including other regulatory authorities and any other relevant stakeholders;
- Continuously review and where appropriate, improve the internal processes and procedures of M&E.
- Support the design and delivery of new and on-going M&E projects.
Information Security related :
- Understand, adopt, adhere and practice responsibilities or controls as per ADGM Information Security policy and as per best practices explained in the induction and awareness sessions.
- Confidentiality, Integrity and availability of the ADGM Information shall be maintained at all times i.e. within as well as outside ADGM.
- A Bachelor degree in a accounting, financial, business, legal or related field.
- A minimum 8-10 years’ post graduate experience in tax consultancy (preferrably, experience with BEPS requirements).
- Understanding of the public interest role of regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of regulatory / supervisory policies and frameworks.
- Knowledge in firm risk assessment and identifying required action.
- Analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions, based on good judgement, analysis and evidence that are well documented.
Internal and external stakeholder management skills.
Emirati Judge Programme
The ‘Emirati Judge Programme’ provides a comprehensive framework and pathway for outstanding Emirati lawyers to advance to the highest level in the legal and justice sector in the UAE. Overseen by the Chief Justice of ADGM Courts, and with the support and encouragement of the Court’s judges, the Emirati Judge Programme will provide an extraordinary opportunity for high achieving Emirati lawyers to excel in their chosen career in the law.
Comprising four modules, the programme includes intensive education and considerable practical legal and judicial training in common law, with an emphasis on commercial law. Candidates who join the Emirati Judge Programme undergo a rigorous and exacting selection process and must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in common law, strong leadership and communication skills, and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.