Omantel Careers: Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises. Omantel has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. We are an integral part of the Omani society.Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Oman’s leading telecommunications provider in the Sultanate of Oman is offering exciting new career opportunities at Omantel for highly motivated and energetic individuals.
Senior Expert, Carrier Services
- To support the international account manager to provide, develop and update strategic and financial sales plans of carrier services accounts such as but not limited to (international voice gateways, Hubs and aggregators)
- Develop and manage relationship with international Wholesale clients and ensure their satisfaction with service
- Collecting client’s requirements and providing input to wholesale marketing on new product/service development and tariff
- Supervise coordination with Regulatory and Legal Affairs to ensure compliance and appropriateness of contracts and associated activities.
- Provide input on agreements in coordination with obtaining approvals from the various internal and external teams.
- Provide weekly/monthly/annually reporting to the line manager and upper management (when required) containing:
- Customer calls
- Ongoing deals
- Expected close date of ongoing deals
- Closed deals
- Sales revenue and Forecast
- Traffic reporting/pattern
- SWAP deals & its performance
- Conduct market intelligence on current pricing structure, and market practices.
- Train and pass the knowledge and experience to the other team members.
- Assist team members in building their knowledge and skill levels with international accounts and practices.
- Explore and Lead new initiatives/customers and markets/ Assist in business development along with the SM.
- Manage the pricing, and the routing configuration and allocation along with the switching team
- Load balance traffic based on TDM and IP and in line with the wholesale and corporate strategy.
- Monitor the quality of service and traffic utilization across the various links
- Ensure full redundancy and high availability for high priority links thru proper planning and follow up with the operation team.
- Overall customer relationship management
- Monitoring and managing the monthly and annual customer revenue objectives, SLAs and KPIs.
- Closely monitor and ensure successful delivery of tailored solutions to client needs by relaying client service requirements and follow up with the various internal units.
- Meet sales targets and Swap deals
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Produce project, sales & financial reports on monthly basis and as needed.
- Ensure alignment with the financial reporting and business requirements and strategy.
- Work with wholesale billing and settlement teams to ensure proper invoices and billing of the client.
- Assist in creating budget reports, and constantly updating them.
- Review issued invoices.
- Monitor payments/balance due between Omantel and the operators. Manage the payments with the partners, and escalate when necessary to the upper management in case payments are not received within agreed time frame.
- Assist into Developing, communicating and managing the internal KPIs to the staff
- Developing training plans
- Provide staff performance evaluation on quarterly basis & regular business reviews to the line manager.
- Develop the staff and work on the knowledge transfer
Senior Manager Contract Management
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
1. Contract Management
• Develop standard terms and conditions/Contract templates for all the Categories and types of Contract
• Build and lead a cross functional team with the end users to improve terms and conditions
• Negotiate with Contractors the legal and contractual terms and conditions and achieve lower/optimum risk for Omantel
• Own direct accountability for Contract preparation and signature
• Preparation of Variation Orders and making sure that they are in line with Omantel corporate governance
• Preparation of renewals and extensions for Contracts as requested by the end users
• Making sure that the contract repository is current and accurate so that the reports generated are correct
• Provide documents as required by auditors
2. Vendor Performance Management
• Manage vendor performance management in co-ordination with the stake holders (finance/project management/planning)
• Assist in vendor rating and providing necessary report/feedback to strategic sourcing team
• Make sure that the vendor performance reports capture all the necessary information to ensure consistency with quality, service and delivery objectives
• Plan periodic vendor audits and next steps accordingly
• Provide inputs to Resolve disputes arising with vendors and handle claims and counter claims in coordination with internal users and Legal Department
• Enhance In Country Value (ICV) in all aspects
• Engage SMEs through direct transaction with Omantel & non direct through sub-contracting opportunities.
3. Team Management
• Develop and mentor staff to build bench strength supporting company growth
• Conduct employee performance reviews, coaching and counseling, and career development
• Develop and build KPIs on process lead time, compliance, vendor performance management, customer satisfaction and others as per GM instructions
• Supervise KPIs and cascade at all levels