Muntajat, (Qatar Chemical and Petrochemical Marketing and Distribution Company) Q.J.S.C. is a state-owned company established in 2012 in the world’s emerging chemicals and petrochemicals hub, Qatar. Muntajat is the gateway to Qatar’s exports of over 10 million tonnes of chemicals and petrochemicals products. The company markets, sells and distributes 100% of the State’s downstream exports to customers in more than 120 countries.
Muntajat is currently in the process of recruiting for a number of vacancies across many different disciplines, at various different levels. Positions are available predominantly in the areas of Marketing, Distribution, Sales, Operations and Administration, in the Chemical, Polymer Fertiliser sector.
The incumbent will be responsible for business finance activities for the relevant commercial directorates:
- Fertilizers (including Sulphur)
- Petrochemicals (Polymers and Chemicals)
- New product lines (as and when Muntajat takes them on)
The incumbent is also a member of the Executive Director Finance’s leadership team, the Executive Director Fertiliser’s leadership team and the Muntajat Extended Management Team.
Business Finance includes a combination of support as well as challenge. Support means providing assistance to the commercial team in understanding and shaping finance elements of business strategy, plans, individual customer contracts and operations. This can include performing financial analysis (e.g. evaluating strategy options, business performance appraisals, returns on transactions, working capital exposure,), acting as an interface with other Finance teams (e.g. credit, tax) and deal structuring (e.g. taking credit or tax feedback and structuring into transactions). Challenge means ensuring risks and implications of proposed transactions are understood and that proposed actions are aligned with Muntajat and the commercial team’s strategies, plans and targets. It also involves ensuring the commercial team understands and engages where there are potential risks viz-a-viz the control framework and that proactive steps are taken to address before the transaction is concluded and to then operationalize the management of the risks. This will also include helping them understand their accountabilities under the Manual of Authorities and help them interface with relevant Finance teams on specific matters. Overall this element of the role will involve significant interface with the other teams such as governance.
- Graduate / Masters / Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Relevant professional certification such as CPA, CA, CFA, CMA, etc.
- Candidate must also have kept his/her knowledge up to date with post-graduation training courses (IFRS, IAS, SOX 404).
- 12-14 years of (international) experience in Financial Management of which a minimum of 07+ years should be in a similar position/responsibility preferably with exposure in similar industries.
- Industry or new venture set-up experience is preferable
- Financial Management Systems, Processes and Controls, Financial Modeling and Strategy Development.
- Manages and controls sales activities of assigned territories & products to ensure provision of prompt and efficient service to MUNTAJAT customers.
- Actively participates in the planning and formulation of long and short term sales strategies for the region.
- Negotiates directly and participates with MUNTAJAT’s agents in negotiations and formulation of sales contracts with customers.
- Prepares budgets and forecast and monitors product consumption in the region to ensure that they are as budgeted and forecasted.
- Represent MUNTAJAT at various regional exhibitions, meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Polyethylene marketing/sales operations.