Mazrui International is a privately-held diversified holding company that operates across numerous industries and asset classes. By building long-term relationships with local and international partners, we grow brands and companies and uncover new business opportunities. Our companies are market leaders in several different sectors, including, but not limited to Oil & Gas, Construction & Building Materials, Retail, Industrial and Healthcare. All companies benefit from a world class support structure delivered through a “Shared Services” model.
We are looking for a Contracts Lawyer to work within the Trading Sector and handle all legal matters and projects across the Trading Sector. You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise companies within the Trading Sector on legal rights and duties. This is a new role within the Trading Sector and you will be responsible for setting up this function in compliance with the Group’s General Counsel’s instruction and guidance.
- Draft and review complex legal documents / agreements /contracts on various matters for companies within the Trading Sector, ensuring that these are legally sound and/or to ensure that companies within the Trading Sector interests are safeguarded.
- Provide legal services to ensure that companies within the Trading Sector carry out their statutory obligations and to protect their interests.
- Carry out research and prepare reports on any legally complex issues to ensure that companies within the Trading Sector have full information about the legal implications of any decisions.
- Analyses the available data and suggests some of the best solutions to solve a problem or case.
- Guide managers within Trading Sector and ensure compliance with rules and regulations for MHC.
- Support and steers the registration of contracts and agreements within the authorities agencies and government bodies.
- Represent companies within the Trading Sector at meetings with external bodies on specific topics to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered as per General Counsel instructions.
- Managing the function within the Trading Sector in compliance with all requirements set by the General Counsel for MHC.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ successful corporate and commercial legal experience at a major UAE law firm (or law firm outside UAE with a strong focus on Middle East region) or in the legal department of a large conglomerate company.
- Fluent command of English language – Arabic is a plus
- Specifically experience in corporate and commercial law, contract law, disputes and UAE Labour Law.
- Degree in Law
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the U.A.E operations of Drilling Fluids division with the objective of providing maximum profit and return on invested capital.
- Supervise planning for installation, support workshops and working in coordination with Field engineers, Project Engineers and Country Managers to keep the operational equipment in good condition, to innovate or promote new technology.
- Achieve agreement within the client to make payment on a monthly basis for the Desk Engineer.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the close co-operation of the technical group in developing and presenting new technologies.
- Achieve success and recognition within the clients our award of NAF field evaluations.
- Instrumental in the Team Building and growth in confidence and trust which has been recognized and communicated by both contractors and highlighted by the customer during the SQM.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of all products and systems in operation within Petrochem and to ensure a safe, cost efficient and on time equipment delivery is ensured.
- Coordinate system installation and working with Field engineers, Project Engineers and Operation Manager to keep the operational equipment in good condition, to innovate and help them promote new technology and supervise engineering backup.
- Support to manage the rotating rig schedule of pool of field engineers and onshore national personnel in coordination with Field support Engineers, Project Engineers and Operations manager to improve work practice efficiencies and reduce wastage.
- Monitor every operation where we are supplying Equipment / service and provide immediate support to any field problem to improve customer service and raise business performance.
- Maintain updated records of all our equipment repairs and maintenance and also ensure any needed maintenance is carried out on time to improve QHSE practices and cost efficiencies.
- Execute management responsibilities with timesheets, expenses and worked hours for all field and workshop personnel to improve HR practices and cost efficiencies.
- Ensure all Personnel work in a Safe manner and comply with Company policies and also participate in the Safety initiatives.
- Investigate customer complaints and NPT until final closure and provide a report with the evaluation/recommendations to senior management team and the Customer to reduce complaints, improve business performance and customer service levels.
- Coordinate rig or installation surveys in conjunction with the Project Engineer, Field support Engineer and Operations Manager to make sure it provide the adequate technical information for the installation and accounting for possible quotes.
- Supervise the local personnel training for existing and new personnel, maintain records of field personnel training and notify General Manager and Country Manager (s) of personnel needs and training plan.
- Promote high business and moral ethics to raise our profile across the region.
Ability & Skills
- Customer relations skill and sales ability.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of Health and safety standards
- Professional Experience: 5-10 years’ experience as a Field supervisor, Project Engineer and/or SCE operations management/coordination.
- Mechanical or Electrical trade.
- Preferably Bachelor degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Electrical engineering category or an equivalent technical qualification or sufficient field experience accommodated with relevant courses.