Gulf Air Airline Jobs. Founded in 1950, Gulf Air is the proud national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain. As a pioneering airline in the Middle East region with over sixty years of experience and expertise in flying people across continents, Gulf Air is today one of the most powerful brands to reckon with in the global aviation industry. The airline currently operates as one of the largest network within the Middle East while providing seamless onward connections to international destinations. Gulf Air recognises that people are its greatest resource and encourages talented people by creating long-term career opportunities. You are welcome to find the most suitable job for you in our list of current open vacancies.
To Be Considered For This Position You Must Hold:
- ICAO recognized ATPL (acceptable to Civil Aviation Authority of Bahrain)
- Minimum of 5000 accumulated flying hours
- Minimum of 1,000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) on multi-engine jet civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operation
- Minimum of 1000 hours in command (PIC) on Airbus family fly by wire and current on type.
- ICAO English language Proficiency (ELP) Level 4 or above
- Be less than 56 years of age on the day of application
- No accident/incident certificate
Remuneration Package:A competitive package that includes a tax-free annual salary and benefits depending on family status, plus flying allowances.
- A generous housing allowance.
- Free family primary healthcare.
- Educational assistance for dependent children.
- Company funded Income Protection Insurance.
Our route network provides interesting flying experience, while Bahrain itself is an attractive cosmopolitan state with every opportunity for a pleasant lifestyle experience and ample facilities for shopping and recreation.
Main ObjectivesTo efficiently present excellent customer service and sales interactions for Gulf Air internal and external customers including making flight reservations, quoting fares, FFP enrollments, up-selling and cross-selling all relevant Gulf Air products, protecting and promoting the image and reputation of Gulf Air and attending to administrative matters of the department in order to achieve KPI targets and other corporate objectives.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls 24/7 network wide from all around the world. Identify customer needs and effectively seek and implement solutions in a warm and professional manner to queries offered via incoming/outgoing calls to the satisfaction of the customer and to the industry-benchmarked standard of customer service excellence.
- Proactively safeguard the reputation of Gulf Air by identifying and managing potential issues as presented and/or identified.
- Demonstrate a positive, solutions focused attitude to ensure a motivated, energized work environment for benefit of customer, self and team.
- Successfully achieve KPI as determined by current corporate/business needs on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as applicable (needs based on call centre industry standard 80/20 requirement i.e. 80% of calls answered within 20 seconds of being offered).
- Be flexible and lend telephony skills wherever needed subject to call volume regardless of work section designated i.e. PFC, F&J and TSA all share priority objective i.e. to clear any and all calls in queue within KPI agreed timeframes.
- Ensure strict compliance to schedule regarding punctuality/breaks/time keeping/time management in line with recognized Contact Centre Industry needs.
- Generate revenue opportunities and promote Gulf Air products and services where appropriate/applicable and direct the customer to relevant personnel/department to maximize identified revenue opportunity.
- Identify complaint calls/potential for calls to escalate and manage caller whilst remaining solutions focused and positive, taking all steps to safeguard the integrity of Gulf Air, keeping the priority of customer retention and satisfaction as the goal.
- Proactively book and sell Gulf Air flights in a timely and efficient manner.
- Make all bookings and/or requests using Gulf Air available systems and publications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read, understand, interpret and communicate Industry and company rules and regulations that are often made available in English.
- Proactively seek absolute proficiency regarding Gulf Air available systems and publications.
- Ensure the passenger details obtained from the customer are accurate and take all steps necessary to ensure that systems data maintains integrity by proactively correcting/take steps required to oversee correction of errors as identified.
- Proactively value-add to the customer service experience by ‘going the extra mile’ for the customer (i.e. offer seating requests, meal requests, wheelchairs, advise re. priority telephone numbers for high value customers, website address etc).
- Proactively promote the Falcon Frequent Flyer program, explaining benefits and arranging to send application forms to join.
- Persuasively up-sell premium classes (Falcon Gold) highlighting our excellent service, benefits to FFP members in accruing more miles and points, comfort of seats and exclusivity of certain channels of our in-flight entertainment system etc.
- Proactively up-sell high yield classes as means to improve sales and serve urgent customer travel requirements.
- Proactively advise customers of ticketing time limit rules to avoid NO-SHOW.
- Cancel unwanted reservations on Gulf Air, Code-Share and other airline flights when duplicate or no longer required or ticketing time limit expires.
- Call passengers to ascertain their intention to travel, obtain ticket numbers or to convey confirmation of requests.
- Call passengers to advise them of schedule and operational changes while offering alternatives or recommending suitable travel arrangements.
- Request, book, change or cancel travel arrangements and auxiliary services as directed by the customer.
- Request STPC where applicable and advise the customer to collect the MATO (Meal and Transportation Order) on departure.
- Keep abreast of changes that are made to the Reservations, Fares, Ticketing, FFP and Tours procedures.
- Proactively seek current product knowledge and information, and read all information made available to improve knowledge and quality of service.
- Answer general inquiries using all resources available and consult a Team Leader or other source of information when necessary.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the TIMATIC system and answer all Visa, Health and general inquiries.
- Action and clear all items on queues in a timely and efficient manner so that appropriate and timely responses are given and/or PNRs are updated.
- Follow up with Yield or CRC on medical, special requests i.e. BSCT etc.
- Handle groups and individual movement including Hajj and Omra or holy places movements throughout the year.
- Apply system-fall back procedures when the system is down by making notes of passenger requirements and calling them back once the system is back to normal.
- Action telexes and communicate with airports where needed.
- Handle staff inquiries and reservations needs.
- When required, handle or attend to corporate calls or queries from corporate clients of GF through calls and emails to provide service/solution to the clients.
- Handle any work assigned or delegated by supervisors/managers.
Education & Training
- High school diploma.
- Tertiary qualifications preferred.
- Computer literate (Windows).
Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Preference will be given to those who also communicate in Arabic with additional languages: French, Urdu, Hindi, Tagalog, Deutsch.
- Any additional professional, oral and written language skill is advantage
- Some training or experience in a call center, ticketing, reservations, and travel trade or customer service environment is an added advantage