DNO ASA Jobs & Careers. DNO ASA is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971 and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, the Company holds stakes in onshore and offshore licenses at various stages of exploration, development and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Norway, Oman, Somaliland, Tunisia, the United Kingdom and Yemen. DNO is a different kind of company. We are Norway’s oldest oil company; at the same time, we are very much a Middle Eastern and North African company in terms of our footprint and our ownership.
Our employees represent more than 30 nationalities working together to build DNO’s position as a leading independent exploration and production company. We have offices in Dubai, Erbil, Sana’a, Stavanger, Tunis, and Muscat.
Job Summary :
DNO is Norway’s oldest oil and gas company. DNO has a more than 40-year history and has interests from the North Sea to the Middle East and North Africa. DNO has a leading position in reserves and production in Kurdistan, Iraq operating the Tawke and Erbil PSCs. Daily oil production is approximately 130,000 barrels per day.
Due to increased drilling activity, a full projects pipeline and increasing production, DNO is now seeking an experienced Operations Support Manager – Production to work on a 4 week-on 4 week-off rotation roster on a back to back basis. The Operations Support Manager will be joining an international dynamic working environment characterized by highly experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Operations Support Manager will be based in the Erbil, Kurdistan office or Dubai and be a key member of the Kurdistan Business Unit (BU) Production leadership team. Frequent travel to DNO’s field locations in Kurdistan is required as an expectation of the job.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at DNO and are taken incredibly seriously. The Operations Support Manager will be responsible and accountable for supporting operations in a safe and environmentally sound manner and setting the tone for operational excellence in DNO’s Kurdistan operations.
At present, the majority of production operations are centred on the Tawke field, which is located in the North of Kurdistan approximately 10 km from the Turkish border and producing approaching 130,000 bbl/d. The operating facilities consist of a Central Processing Facility with two (2) trains, a small refinery(diesel), infield pipelines/roads, 35+ wells, export pipelines, export terminal and pumping facility, camp facilities, workshops and warehouses/yards. Several drilling rigs are also active in the producing area.
Broad key metrics for scope of operation are: Staff: 2+; Contractors: 5+; Operations Support Budget approx. US$5 Million (100%)
The Operations Support Manager will be expected to:
- Supervise and deliver Operations Support Activities: production allocation and reporting, 90 day activity planning, 90 day production forecasting, production performance reporting and analysis, Production improvement activities, Production budgeting and annual planning.
- Oversee and where asked act as focal point for production projects such as turnarounds, root cause investigations and improvements
- Mentoring and coaching local national talent to take up responsible supervisory roles in the field or developing them in production support roles
- Act as focal point and drive the planning process for producing operations and co-ordinate across functions to safely deliver production and maintenance goals as well as co-ordinate with Drilling, Workovers and Projects to deliver growth without impact to Health Safety and Environment.
Key Responsiblities :
- Develop, promote and maintain a work culture that delivers continuous improvement, safe operations and operational excellence in DNOs operations and activities.
- Safely deliver against all HSSE, Production, Maintenance & Support Engineering staff training and competency plans and targets.
- As member of Kurdistan BU Production Team provide input to business planning, act as BU Emergency Response Support, actively integrate all BU and corporate support functions to smoothly deliver field activities.
- Ensure compliance and reporting of and improve against HSSE / asset Integrity and production standards.
- Set clear expectations, monitor/review and intervene with field activities by regular field visits.
- Prepare short term production forecasts, activity plans, budgets, contract scopes, spend within budget and maintain and execute staff development plans
- Ensure timely submission of daily/monthly production report, monthly emissions report and weekly update for BU reporting.
- Ensure accurate planning for safe execution of rig-less workovers and any sim-ops activities.
- Co-ordinate with Supply Chain and head of maintenance support to ensure sufficient stock holding for maintenance of facilities and wells, artificial lift equipment and other production operations assets including defining required insurance spares.
- Ensure sufficient and timely operations and maintenance input to new projects including support for operations readiness.
Required Qualifications & Experience :
- Candidate ideally holds a degree in Engineering and can demonstrate extensive experience in production operations supervisory positions in a medium to large IOC or major oil and gas company
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience / competency across HSSE, Asset Integrity / Process Safety, Production Planning & Monitoring, Production Execution, Production Improvement and Emergency Management
- As a guide 10+ years’ experience in upstream oil and gas with at least 5 years of experience in production supervisory positions would be a minimum expectation to be successful in the role.
Key Attributes :
- Open, clear, communication style
- Proven team builder who sets tone for desired culture
- Passionate supporter of multi-discipline teams with strong focus on safety and developing people
- Proven ability to develop others
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- High energy, strong work ethic
- Self-starter with “fire in the belly”
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity
- Able to effectively deliver in a matrix team environment
- Good delegator and prepared to self-deliver when needed – a working manager
- Ability to maintain a balance of structure, planning and predictability with fast execution
- Calm and efficient in emergency situations
Please attach CV in pdf-format only
DNO is Norway’s oldest oil and gas company. DNO has a more than 40-year history and has interests from the North Sea to the Middle East and North Africa. DNO has a leading position in reserves and production in Kurdistan, Iraq operating the Tawke and Erbil PSCs. Daily oil production is approximately 115,000 barrels per day.
Due to increased drilling activity, a full projects pipeline and increasing production, DNO is now seeking an experienced Projects HSSE Manager to work on a 4 week-on 4 week-off rotation roster on a back to back basis. The Projects HSSE Manager will be joining an international dynamic working environment characterized by highly experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The role holder will assume the HSSE Lead of Projects in the Business Unit from the Project Select Phase for infrastructure in fields, guiding compliance with the Project HSSE Plan and managing a ‘living’ risk management process throughout the design and operational readiness stages handing over a ‘ready to operate’ product to the Operations Teams, in full compliance with DNO’s HSSE Standards and Business Unit Procedures.
The Projects HSSE Manager will be based in Kurdistan field(s). Frequent travel to DNO’s field locations in Kurdistan is required as an expectation of the job.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at DNO and are taken incredibly seriously. The Projects HSSE Manager will be responsible and accountable for leading operations in a safe and environmentally sound manner and setting the tone for operational excellence in DNO’s Kurdistan operations.
At present, the majority of production operations are centred on the Tawke field, which is located in the North of Kurdistan approximately 20 km from the Turkish border and producing approaching 115,000 bbl/d. The operating facilities consist of a Central Processing Facility with three (3) trains, a small refinery(diesel), infield pipelines/roads, 40+ wells, export pipelines, export terminal and pumping facility, camp facilities, workshops and warehouses/yards. Several drilling rigs are also active in the producing area.
- Risk Management – manage a Project ‘living’ risk register with clear risk controls owned by risk owners in the line and corporate functions, arriving at a ‘go, no go’ register of controls needed to be in place before hand over to operations. Working with line and functional role holder’s risks shall cover Health, Occupational Safety, Process Safety, Environment and Security.
- Project Planning and integration – Develop a project plan of HSSE activities that are required to be conducted throughout the project to deliver ALARP HSSE risk both during the project and into operations.
- Integrated planning – Ensure the HSSE plan is integrated into the BU 90-day plan and the project plan such that HSSE deliverables are accounted for in the overall project schedule. This will require close cooperation with line and functional roles.
- Contractor HSSE Management – Ensure full compliance with the Contractor HSSE Management Standard working closely with Contract Holders, SCM and the New Ventures and SCM HSE Manager (Corporate). Agree contract risk ratings, risk registers, questionnaires, undertake evaluations of contractors with verification audits where required and ensure gaps in compliance by contractors are understood and controlled before they kick off work.
- Audit and assurance of contractors – undertake regular field based assurance and check visits to contractors in field and conduct contractor management meetings where required by Standards and to rectify identified performance issues.
- Training and competency assurance – ensure that project HSSE risks are controlled by competent persons during all phases of a project being, design, construction (civils and mechanical) through to operations hand over.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 15 years HSE experience with at least 5 years spent in a Managerial/Senior Supervisor Role.
- Relevant engineering/science degree / Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Demonstrable Project HSSE Management experience.
- Delivering Projects on challenging time scales in developing HSSE Cultures.
- HSSE Risk management to Skill level competence.
- Sound understanding of HSSE risks and controls for onshore project design and execution.
- Able to identify and rectify emerging risks before they impact the project.
- Integrating input from line and functions.
- Drilling Projects – demonstrable experience managing drilling HSE.
- Process safety skills to enable working closely with engineering teams.
- Working with contractors in challenging conditions (contractor personnel with substandard safety culture, terrain, weather).
- Working knowledge of industry HSE standards.
- Track record of developing & implementing Contractor HSSE Improvement Plans & Bridging Documents.
- Excellent English written and presentation skills.
- Capable of delivering ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Skills’ level training in HSSE Risk management and coaching national employees.
- Environmental impact assessments.
- Health risk assessments.
- Emergency response readiness.
- Passionate safety leader, dedicated to full compliance with DNO and regulatory requirements.
- An HSE leader by example.
- A coach by nature developing those around you.
- Delivers on agreed objectives, on-time and to agreed quality without being prompted.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to achieve results in a small organization through initiative and taking accountability.
- Open communication style.
- Team skills, keen to involve others and to value their input.
- Open and honest when problems arise to ensure rapid solutions are found and implemented.
- Ability to self-deliver when needed.
- Passion and ability to develop others.
- Ability to manage emergencies.
- Treats others with respect.
The role will report into Development Manager Fields, and functionally to HSE Manager Exploration Ventures & Supply Chain.
Please apply using a PDF version of your CV.